Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Safer Sex & Birth Control » ? Birth Control Pills ?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: ? Birth Control Pills ?
danx1985
Neophyte
Member # 25122

Icon 1 posted      Profile for danx1985     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My gf has been on BC pills for over a year now. (Trivora) We've recently started having unprotected sex and I use the pull-out method. (4-5 times a week) But I have two questions...
1. We read the leaflet for her pills, and it says that when to start her first pack of pills, she needs to wait 7 days before she can have unprotected sex. Do we need to do this whenever she starts a new pack? Or is this just for her very first pack of birth control pills? In other words is she protected at all times after her first pack of pills?
*This is the Web for her pill. http://pi.watsonpharm.com/data_stream.asp?product_group=28&p=ppi&top=0&altp=pi

2 My second question is that do you guys think it's safe enough for us to rely on her pill and use the pull-out method?

Thank you!!!!

Posts: 11 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
froggy_dear
Activist
Member # 14139

Icon 1 posted      Profile for froggy_dear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Re. 1: It generally means wait 7 days after the first pack ever - since she's been taking it longer, don't worry about it.

Re. 2: If your gf is taking her pills as directed - everyday at nearly the same time without skipping pills - then you are 99% safe. The "pull out" method alone is notoriously ineffective, because even precum or pre-ejaculate contains sperm, so pulling out really isn't going to contribute to any extra prevention. If you want a back up method to her pills, I would recommend condoms.

------------------
I see you shiver with antici......pation

[This message has been edited by froggy_dear (edited 08-28-2005).]

Posts: 317 | From: Seattle, WA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.