Donate Now

Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Safer Sex & Birth Control » period? where'd you go

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: period? where'd you go
luckymesusy
Neophyte
Member # 24827

Icon 1 posted      Profile for luckymesusy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
First of all before i make a complaint on my health i need to give some backround. I got my period first when i was 16... and for about 3 years ( i am 19 now ) my periods skipped about every 2 months around the 8th is aroudn the time i get them. So that would be... around january 8th, march 8th, may 8th, july 8th... and now i have it august 8th. So that is my past period history. I recently decided to go on the pill to get my period regular, hormones even, to have my face clearer and when i have sex i'll be great. This past saturday i got my period but the thing is it was really really brown. So i decided it was just something weird and that my period would start that night and so i just put a tampon in while i went to work incase it would get heavier. I checked that night and there was "some" bleeding and some brown so i said yes!... i can finally use my birth control because the following day was sunday and im on that sunday pack. Well i took it that sunday night because i thought it was just starting so i took the pill that night( the white ones ). I have been taking it yet my period is practically nonexistant and is just really icky brown and not at all red... and im wondering what the hell is happening... it's been 3 days?! It is just weird i would think it would be like my other periods but it's not and it's worrying me. It is sporadically gross brown. Barely ANY blood coming out when that sunday morning i checked it there were streams of blood on my tampon... it's really weird. If it were like my other periods then it would have been heavy by now... and tommorow it would have been light until that day it ended... it's like as if i don't even ahve a period anymore. No pains... like i usually do. Maybe i am being stupid but it's worrying me because i do not know if the pill is harming me or not? Please reply
Thank You

Posts: 2 | From: fred, va, usa | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dailicious
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 22471

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dailicious     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's against the Guidelines you agrred to when you signed up to double post, just to let you know if you want to go over them again the link is at the top of the page.

I answered your question to the best of my ability in your other post.

Posts: 3382 | From: Denver, Colorado | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.