Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Safer Sex & Birth Control » can i get pregnant from.....?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: can i get pregnant from.....?
lil_bunny
Neophyte
Member # 10623

Icon 9 posted      Profile for lil_bunny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
im a virgin but today my boyfriend fingered me n he later told me that he masturbated b4.... is it possible that i could be pregnant even if it was half an hour b4? sum1 plz help me!!!
Posts: 1 | From: Canada | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alaska
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1896

Icon 1 posted      Profile for alaska     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You have a pregnancy risk each and every time (pre)ejaculate comes in contact with your genitals. - Of course also, if that happens during manual sex.
It does not matter whether you are a "virgin" or not. Not ever girl who has not had vaginal intercourse yet has a hymen, and even if you have a hymen, it is by no means a "cover" of the vaginal opening or so.

If your boyfriend neither washed nor wiped nor in any other way cleaned his hands before he manually stimulated you (sperm can survive for half an hour on hands or sheets or the like), then yes, you might have had a pregnancy risk.

Check what ourWhat's The Risk? - Five Easy Pregnancy Risk Assessment Flow Charts say:

quote:
If your bare fingers or hands came into contact with pre-ejaculate (pre-cum) or semen (ejaculate, "cum"), either your own or your partner's, did you wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water before touching your female partner's genitals or inserting your finger(s) into her vagina, or touching your own genitals/inserting your finger(s) into your vagina if you are female?

If you DID wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water after getting pre-ejaculate or semen on your hands, then you have LOW to NO risk of pregnancy. It is possible that you may still have transmitted an STD, however.
If you DID NOT wash your hands, keep reading.
If your fingers or hands came into contact with pre-ejaculate (pre-cum) or semen (ejaculate, "cum"), either your own or your partner's, did you touch your female partner's genitals or insert your finger(s) into her vagina (or touch your own genitals/insert your finger(s) into your vagina if you are female) after wiping your hands off, but without washing them?

If you DID touch your or your partner's vulva or genitals after only WIPING pre-ejaculate or semen off of your hands, but without washing them thoroughly, you have LOW to MODERATE risk of pregnancy. See your health care provider for a pregnancy test and an STD screening.
If you DID NOT wipe off your hands, keep reading.
If your fingers or hands came into contact with pre-ejaculate (pre-cum) or semen (ejaculate, "cum"), either your own or your partner's, did you touch your female partner's genitals or insert your finger(s) into her vagina (or touch your own genitals/insert your finger(s) into your vagina if you are female) while there was still pre-ejaculate or semen on your fingers or hands?

If YES, then you have a MODERATE to HIGH risk of pregnancy. See your health care provider for a pregnancy test and an STD screening.

Hope this helps you evaluate your pregnancy risk better.

For more about how pregnancy happens, check out
Where DID I Come From? Human Reproduction

------------------
Caro
~Scarleteen Sexpert~

"Through repetition the magic will be forced to rise."
Alchemical Precept

[This message has been edited by Alaska (edited 11-16-2002).]

Posts: 4526 | From: germany | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lilacvase
Neophyte
Member # 11048

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lilacvase     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, you have a pregnancy risk. If any prejaculate or ejaculate comes in contact with your genitals, you have a risk. If, while he was masturbating, he ejaculated, it probably got on his hand(s). That hand was near and in your vaginal opening. If he thouroly(sp?) washed his hands with anti-bacterial soap, your risk is lowered about 17% perhaps. But yes, you do have a pregnancy risk.
Posts: 37 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Milke
Activist
Member # 961

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Milke     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Alaska answered the question, there's no need to be redundant and answer it again. And it doesn't matter whether the soap's antibacterial or not -- where are you getting your statistic from?

------------------
Milke, SSBD, RATS

Where are my goddamned pants?
BD,SA

Posts: 5122 | From: I *came* from the land of ice and snow | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hilikus
Neophyte
Member # 10864

Icon 5 posted      Profile for hilikus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry to be redundant but plz people NEVER MAKE ANYTHING UP. Alot of people use this place for facts to there *important* questions...which leads me to a question, I have, since i started using these boards, trusted the experts here but can u verify any of this ie have you graduated from any schools stating you are in fact experts on the paticular subjects etc?

Thanks

------------------
~The problem is only what it makes you~

Quote from BruinDan - Scarleteen Advocate:
To be frank, who cares? Contrary to popular belief (and popular teen movies), life ain't The Dating Game...and going for a while without a mate doth not Armageddon bring.

Posts: 20 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ashy
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 4764

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ashy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi hiikus,
Miz Scarlet, founder of Scarleteen, has worked in the field of sexuality for quite a few years now, and her job outside ST that pays the bills deals with sexuality too. She has studied sexuality extensively and has written numerous works on sex education and sexuality. Also, Hanne, another sexpert on this site, also writes and lectures about sexuality.

The advocates on this board were chosen by Miz Scarlet, and all of the ST staff tries to keep our site as informative and up-to-date as possible. Much of the information stated on the boards reiterates articles written by Miz Scarlet, Hanne, and other staff members. You're always more than welcome to do your own research and find other resources to verify what we've said. There's tons of information from Planned Parenthood, your local health care professionals, libraries, etc, if you wish to have a second opinion on what our site said. Scarleteen's staff is a network of individuals who are pretty informed about sex, and we do check over each other's posts, so you're not just hearing from one staff member's opinion on Scarleteen.
About Scarleteen

Also, if you have any more questions about the staff of Scarleteen, there's a separate forum called "Staff Stuff"

Posts: 1784 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.