Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Safer Sex & Birth Control » I NEED Advice!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I NEED Advice!!
Member # 10380

Icon 1 posted      Profile for starl1ght     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just turned 13 yesterday, and I met this really hot guy (he's 14-15) at the skating rink a couple of weeks back. It's turning into something more, and even though we haven't kissed or anything yet, I'm pretty sure after a while, he'll want sex. I know, I know, I'm a worrywart, but it's happened with my past boyfriends, and I'm not sure that I'm ready. I want to experience it though, and if it's with him, be it. Is there someplace that I can go to buy condoms, etc. without being embarressed, or comments made about my age? And without a credit card?
Posts: 3 | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 961

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Milke     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No place that sells condoms should ever make you feel embarased, or bug you about your age, but I don't think that's the main issue here. Sex should never be something you do to please someone else -- it's something you do when *you* and your partner both feel your mature enough to handle, and both want to do. At this point, you sound uncertain, and you're most definitely below the age of consent everywhere I'm aware of, which means if you do have sex, and someone who disapproves finds out, your boyfriend could be facing criminal charges. And having a sex crime on his record isn't going to help him any in the future. Having sex before you're ready could also subject you to a lot of worry and heartbreak, too. We've got a readiness checklist that might be of some help to you, but the vibe I'm getting from you really isn't one of being ready for this.

Milke, SSBD

And if I want to, I can stay
Or if I want to, I can leave
Nobody knows me

Posts: 5122 | From: I *came* from the land of ice and snow | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.