Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Safer Sex & Birth Control » Anal Sex can get you pregnant??

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Anal Sex can get you pregnant??
Member # 10365

Icon 5 posted      Profile for curiouscountrybabe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I read somewhere that you can get pregnant by having anal sex, i was just wondering if that was true and why?

Posts: 2 | From: Ont, Canada | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 5578

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Daydreamer24     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey countrybabe,

Yep, you have a pregnancy risk from anal sex.

Pre-ejaculate (which contains sperm)or ejaculate can come in contact with your vulva (complete outer genital area) since your anus is right by it.

Always use condoms and lube!

"I was in London meeting Milly for lunch when a big wind swept both of our skirts up. I noticed how cute her black underwear was until I remembered that Milly didn't wear underwear..."

[This message has been edited by Daydreamer24 (edited 10-21-2002).]

Posts: 1619 | From: TEXAS | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
not just pre-ejaculate, actually. with unprotected anal sex, you can get "backflow" where semen dribbles out of the anus and can actually enter the vagina (the two orifices are pretty close together, y'know). this can get you pregnant. moreover, bacteria from the anus can also cause infection in the vagina or urinary tract. not to mention, anal tissue tears easily, making it a great gateway for germs and disease.

so as daydreamer said, use condoms and lube!

"Things are only fragile till they break."

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.