Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Safer Sex & Birth Control » ode to saran wrap

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: ode to saran wrap
somewhatanonymous
Activist
Member # 3820

Icon 1 posted      Profile for somewhatanonymous     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Saran wrap is the greatest thing ever. For just $3 one could safely lick 200 square feet of woman (or man or any combination of the two) without worry of bad tastes, pubes, or STDs.

HOWEVER, there a few things to be mentioned:
1- LUBE, if you do not somehow lube the other side of the saran wrap dental dam it will crumple up into a little ball, but lube tastes bad so don't get it on the side that you plan to lick. The easiest way to do this is to lube the area to be covered and then put the saran wrap on top of it.
2-SIZE, I have no idea how a condom cut open is supposed to even begin to be big enough to serve as a dental dam. Rip off a HUGE 1.5 to 2-foot section of saran wrap, stick the top of it to their body (lower stomach, lower back, whatever is handy) so that it doesn't go anywhere (don't put lube on this part either, otherwise it doesn't stick)and smoothe the rest of it down over their genetals and anus. There should be extra left over, things shift around, you may need it.
3-ADJUST, and readjust. As aforementioned, things shift around, so keep readjusting and holding, if possible, the edges of the saran wrap so that they stay covering that which you do no want in your mouth (get the other person to do this for you if possible, tell them you need to concentrate, and they're not doing anything with their hands anyway).

Saran Wrap Dental Dam FAQ
Q. Doesn't a dental dam get in the way?
A. NO. Absolutely not, not even a little, I swear.

Q. Really?
A. Yes, really. If you adequately lubbe the one side it will slip around and conform to every imaginable shape to fit every crevace you could possibly want to lick

Q. But what if I want to use my hands too and the dental dam really is inhibiting me?
A. Put on a glove, lube it so it doesn't stick to the saran wrap, and reach under the dental dam.

Q. Doesn't saran wrap taste funny?
A. Yes, deal with it. Or get some flavored lube and lube your side with it (or just deal with it, it's not that bad).

Posts: 141 | From: Seattle, WA, USA | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just a note: the average latex dental dam is about 6x6 or 10x6 inches. And at that size, they are useable, I assure you. If using a larger sheet of cling film works better for you, then that's just swell. But it is also totally possible to use a dam that's smaller with ease, and it is possible to use a barrier without covering the body with it. You, or your partner, just hold it with your hands in place.

------------------
Heather Corinna
Editor and Founder, Scarleteen

My epitaph should read: "She worked herself into this ground."
-- Kay Bailey Hutchinson

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
logic_grrl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 8067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for logic_grrl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There are also fun devices called "dam garters" (which you can buy, or make at home with some minimal sewing skills) which will hold a dental dam in place for a hands-free experience.
Posts: 6944 | From: UK | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
somewhatanonymous
Activist
Member # 3820

Icon 1 posted      Profile for somewhatanonymous     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
complete off-topic side note: hey! we all registered out accounts in may. Miz Scarlet May 2000, somewhatanonymous May 2001, logic-grrl May 2002. What is it about may?
Posts: 141 | From: Seattle, WA, USA | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Welp, mine is registered then because that's when I opened the boards!

------------------
Heather Corinna
Editor and Founder, Scarleteen

My epitaph should read: "She worked herself into this ground."
-- Kay Bailey Hutchinson

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.