Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Safer Sex & Birth Control » condoms for smaller penises

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: condoms for smaller penises
cumquat
Neophyte
Member # 9949

Icon 5 posted      Profile for cumquat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've read a lot of posts about people worried that their boyfrined is too large for condoms, and enjoyed Miz Scarelt's reply...but what about the other side of the coin, what if you feel you might need a smaller one? I don't want to get them so that they are too big for him, and therefore won't work effectively. I've had sex with him once, and it was the first time for both of us. We didn't use a condom, but i would like to from now on. I'm on the pill so I wasn't completely unprotected, but i would like the comfort of having birth control that I can see, and that way I know when something has gone wrong and can take action from there.

I might not need a condom smaller than normal, but never having used one before I want to explore my options...just in case.

[This message has been edited by cumquat (edited 09-15-2002).]

[This message has been edited by cumquat (edited 01-02-2003).]

Posts: 14 | From: VA, USA | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ErinK
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1371

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ErinK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, let's get some replies here, and I'll add the topic to the FAQ.

You might want to try a regular sized condom and see if it does fit properly -- they're kinda like party balloons, so they should stretch to fit regardless of size but not be too baggy. The problem generally is the ring size -- sometimes it can be too big or too small.

Personally, I've found that Kimono condoms work better on smaller penises than on larger ones.

Generally, sites like condomania will have diameter and length information for all condoms, so you might want to comparison shop and buy some ones that are shorter and have smaller ring sizes.

Erin

Posts: 3077 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
logic_grrl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 8067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for logic_grrl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You could try looking for condoms marketed as "snugger fit" (very few of them are marketed as "small", I've noticed - that's got to say something about social attitudes ... ). I took a quick look at condomania.com , and they stock one brand which is apparently the smallest on the market.

As I understand it, however, the crucial thing is the size of the ring at the base - as long as that's tight enough to prevent the condom from slipping off, it doesn't matter if it's loose elsewhere (and in fact some brands of condom are specifically designed to have a "loose" body or pouch as some guys find this gives them more sensation).

And if you just can't find a condom that fits him, you could consider using the female condom as an alternative form of safer sex.

[This message has been edited by logic_grrl (edited 09-16-2002).]

Posts: 6944 | From: UK | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.