Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Safer Sex & Birth Control » Birth control patch?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Birth control patch?
Lucky1402
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 894

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Lucky1402     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I saw a commercial advertisement on television the other day for a new birth control method called "the birthcontrol patch." Apparently it has the same basic effect as the pill, only it comes as a sticky patch that you stick on your body and your body absorbs the hormones (and whatever else is in birth control pills, as I don't know alot about it). You put on a new one every week, and I guess you can even wear it in the shower. Unfortunately, I didn't pay enough attention to the end of the commercial, so I didn't get a phone number or web site where you could get info on it. Has anyone else heard of "the birthcontrol patch?" Any opinions, thoughts, or information on the idea? If you have any info on it, or web addresses, that'd be great too. I'm curious as to how effective it is, whether or not doctors reccomend it's use, and stuff like how it works.

As for me, it sounds like it would be a decent idea, depending on how effective it is and what risks are involved in using it.

------------------
~*Scarleteen Advocate

"I hate broccoli. And yet, in a certain sense- I AM broccoli." --The Tick

Posts: 492 | From: Michigan | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 11 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
sorry, but we beat you to it, Lucky
http://www.scarleteen.com/forum/Forum2/HTML/001397.html

------------------
"I am so smart, I am so smart, s-m-r-t....I mean s-m-A-r-t." Homer J. Simpson
"Mmm ... floor pie!" Homer J. Simpson

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kite
Activist
Member # 5957

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
[got beaten to it ]

[This message has been edited by Kite (edited 09-05-2002).]

Posts: 127 | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lucky1402
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 894

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lucky1402     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Excellent! lol And that one was posted in 2001? I figured the patch was something extremely new, so I didn't even think to do a search on it. D'oh.

That's good though, cause now I've got plenty of information to delve into.

------------------
~*Scarleteen Advocate

"I hate broccoli. And yet, in a certain sense- I AM broccoli." --The Tick

Posts: 492 | From: Michigan | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.