Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Safer Sex & Birth Control » What Bithcontroll to use?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What Bithcontroll to use?
Chise
Neophyte
Member # 9647

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Chise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm a 16 year old girl that has just started having sex with my boyfriend. We always use a male condom but i've been told to use another form of birth control along wiht it. I know a little about the most comman forms but i don't know what would really be right for me. I've heard that there are a lot of side effects for almost all birthcontroll and that worries me.

I'm not on any other forms of medacation but some times i suffer from mood swings and depression (it's not that seriouse or that extreme i just don't want to make things worse).

Any recomdations would be helpful. I think i just need a nudge in the right direction.

------------------
Chise
"That Girl, Over There"

Posts: 9 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
logic_grrl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 8067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for logic_grrl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You can find a guide to the various birth control options and possible side-effects at Margaret Sanger’s Disneyland - An easy chart of your birth control options.

Birth control pills can sometimes cause mood swings, so if this is something you're concerned about, it would be a good idea to discuss it with your doctor.

There are various types of pill, and they affect different people differently. So if you think the pill is the right option for you but you find that one brand causes mood problems, you could try switching to another to see if that would work better for you.

Posts: 6944 | From: UK | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
foxfire
Activist
Member # 8676

Icon 1 posted      Profile for foxfire     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
All birth control pills are different. Some pills contain either less or more horomones depending on your weight and size and you should get the kind that would best coincide with your body mass and medical history and your doctor will know this. No one can say which pill is best for you other than your doctor.
Posts: 117 | From: Washington | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.