Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Safer Sex & Birth Control » sex in shower

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: sex in shower
mistress_monkey
Activist
Member # 7467

Icon 5 posted      Profile for mistress_monkey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hullo!
i was just wondering, i know that it's not a good idea to have sex with a condom when submerged in water, but what about in the shower? does contact with water decrease the effectiveness of the condom, or should it be okay? i've always been really turned on by water, but me and my partner haven't done anything near water just in case. any ideas?

t'anks a ton!

------------------
Hail Eris! KaAAIXTI! All hail Discordia! 23 Skidoo!

"If you're going to be a non-conformist, you're going to have to wear the uniform."

Posts: 158 | From: grrrrr, nowhere, usa | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ErinK
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1371

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ErinK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Contact with water in the shower shouldn't decrease the effectiveness of a condom too much -- just make sure to use plenty of lube (you might want to use a silicone-based lube, cause it will wash away less quickly) to help keep things slippery, and be careful not to let either you or your partner slip!
Posts: 3077 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.