Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Safer Sex & Birth Control » When??

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: When??
babyiceangel
Neophyte
Member # 9004

Icon 5 posted      Profile for babyiceangel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm 14 years old, and my boyfriend is wanting to have sex with me. I'm ready, yet I want to know when is the best time to have sex around your period so that your chances of pregnancy are at their lowest. I did read one post about it, but it confused me a little. I mean, what's the DAY that you're least likely to get pregnant? We are going to use a condom, but are there any other things we should use to keep me from getting pregnant? I also have no way of getting birth control, so that's not an option. But any help would be needed. Thanks.

------------------
,.:~*Heather*~:.,

Posts: 3 | From: SC, USA | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ashy
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 4764

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ashy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There is no day that you are least likely to get pregnant, really. Please see these articles: http://www.scarleteen.com/reproduction/adv_time.html http://www.goaskalice.columbia.edu/0380.html http://www.goaskalice.columbia.edu/0182.html

Even for older women, well, figuring out when you are ovulating is quite difficult and involves charting your cervical mucus three times a day, checking your basal temperature, etc. Determining fertile times is something that is generally used by couples who want to conceive, rather than the other way around.

So, remember, you can really reduce your risk of becoming pregnant by using good quality condoms (not stored in a wallet, not spermicidal, Trojan not recommended) and knowing how to use them. And remember--LOTS of water based lube!

Ready or Not? The Readiness Checklist
First Intercourse 101 Safe, Sound & Sexy A Safer Sex How-To

------------------
Kindness and honesty can be expected only from the strong.
Anonymous

[This message has been edited by Ashy (edited 07-13-2002).]

Posts: 1784 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bobolink
Activist
Member # 1386

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Bobolink         Edit/Delete Post 
The laws of South Carolina are somewhat muddled. However, the balance of opinion is that the legal age of consent in South Carolina ia 16 years. Scarleteen cannot give consent to an illegal act.

------------------
We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.

- Albert Einstein

[This message has been edited by Bobolink (edited 07-13-2002).]

Posts: 3442 | From: Stirling, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silkcrenshaw
Activist
Member # 9029

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Silkcrenshaw     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i heard that having sex just after your period is best because your wider or something? i dont quite understand this... could your please xplain?

------------------
!~SiLk~!

Posts: 44 | From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
logic_grrl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 8067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for logic_grrl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
i heard that having sex just after your period is best because your wider or something? i
dont quite understand this... could your please xplain?

Well, I can't explain it, because as far as I can see it doesn't make any sense .

The vagina is a stretchy tube. Most of the time, the sides pretty much touch each other - just like a pocket that doesn't have anything in it. It's only when it needs to - to contain a penis, or a baby, or a tampon, or anything else - that it expands and stretches out.

So it's not going to be any "wider" or "narrower" at one time or another. And the only "best" time to have sex is when you want to and are ready to .

Posts: 6944 | From: UK | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.