Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Safer Sex & Birth Control » Condoms

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Condoms
Member # 5593

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CandyDreams123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Which condom brand do you most prefer and why?
Posts: 62 | From: TN | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1371

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ErinK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Personally, I'm still trying to find my favorite brand, but I like Durex -- easy to find, pretty cheap, and had good luck with them so far.

We've had a couple of threads on this in the past; check them out to see what other people think!

Posts: 3077 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Durex Ultimate Feeling: thin and ribbed. my boyfriend likes the rubber in durex condoms, he says it feels "different." and i prefer textured condoms. the ring is wider than many brands, which makes my boy happy.

Kimono Microthin: ultra thin, yet super strong. no texture, but still quite good. he loves this brand.

and always use lubricant with your condoms, even if they are already lubricated. this will minimize your chances of condom breakage. my favorite lube is Astroglide. it doesn't dry out as fast as other brands i've tried, and moreover, i'm not allergic to it.

Living proof that it's hip to be square .

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 631

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DC_WillowFan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I guess I'm just like ErinK. I haven't yet found my favorite, but I guess I'll have to say Durex too. They're easy to find, not bad and come in various styles

But I have to say that I also like LifeStyles. I guess I just like them, but I don't really know why.

- I hope I shall be able to confide in you completely, as I have never been able to do in anyone before, and I hope that you will be a great support and comfort to me.

Anne Frank to her journal

Posts: 201 | From: Montreal, Qc, Canada | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 2610

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Laughs_Wisely     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Before I start, I'll clarify that I'm not using these to prevent pregnancy. That's not my concern, as I'm involved with another woman. I'm using 'em to keep the toys easy to clean.

Unflavored-Durex. They've never broken once, and for some reason, they really hang on to lube.

Flavored-Trustex. They make excellent dental dams, and my girlfriend and I had a brief spat over who got to try the grape one. We like vanilla, chocolate, grape and strawberry.

*When authorities warn you of the sinfulness of sex, there is an important lesson to be learned. Do not have sex with the authorities. -From "Basic Sex Facts
For Today's Youngfolk" in "Life In Hell'', by (Matt Groening)

Posts: 140 | From: Saskatoon, SK, Canada | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 5984

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DevilLady17     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I love Trojan extended pleasure! They make my guy last soooo much longer, so i can enjoy it too!
Posts: 14 | From: North Ridgeville, Ohio,America | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1679

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KittenGoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm gonna have to say thus far we've been thrilled with the Kimono Microthins and with the flavored Trustex. Both seem to be good quality and well made. And neither seem to have that latexy taste.

Scarleteen Advocate

There's hair there for a reason!

"Never insult an alligator until after you've crossed the river." ~Oriental Proverb

Posts: 7316 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Max Power
Member # 5484

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Max Power     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I like the Durex High Sensations. Fit me well and feel great!
Posts: 15 | From: Somewhere over the rainbow...Where the skies are blue. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.