Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Safer Sex & Birth Control » flavored condoms?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: flavored condoms?
StarWonderer
Neophyte
Member # 3147

Icon 1 posted      Profile for StarWonderer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just have a kinda wierd question. Is it ok to use flavored condoms for penis-in-vagina intercourse? Or is the lube/powder used on them not for that use? just wondering.......THANKS! *hugs*
Posts: 32 | From: Tiffin, Ohio, United States | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AngelElisheva
Activist
Member # 3815

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AngelElisheva     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You could, I suppose, but it kind of defeats the purpose. That is, unless your vagina has taste buds?

~Angel~

------------------
Nobody knows what you know, nobody's seen what you've seen, nobody's lived what you've lived...so why let them judge you?
~Personal Quote~

You know, Hobbes, sometimes I think the surest sign of intelligent life elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.
~Calvin~

IM: AngelElisheva (Oh, I'm so creative, aren't I *grin*)

Posts: 176 | From: Middle of Nowhere, PA | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StarWonderer
Neophyte
Member # 3147

Icon 1 posted      Profile for StarWonderer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by AngelElisheva:
You could, I suppose, but it kind of defeats the purpose. That is, unless your vagina has taste buds?

~Angel~

hmmm..... funny thought! we just ran out of normal condoms so we used this one.....banana so it wouldn't have been used for its intended purpose anyway!

Posts: 32 | From: Tiffin, Ohio, United States | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
yeah, flavored condoms are safe to use for intercourse (as long as it's not damaged or expired, yadda yadda). i've used banana ones for coitus (it's such a simple word, wish it would catch on more) and at least it lends a nice scent to sex.

------------------
"And who are you who are so wise in the ways of science?" from Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DC_WillowFan
Activist
Member # 631

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DC_WillowFan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I guess it would be ok.

On Durex flavored box it says that they're intended for intercourse so I guess it would be okay.

David

------------------
- I hope I shall be able to confide in you completely, as I have never been able to do in anyone before, and I hope that you will be a great support and comfort to me.

Anne Frank to her journal
(1929-1945)

Posts: 201 | From: Montreal, Qc, Canada | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.