Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Safer Sex & Birth Control » lube Q's

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: lube Q's
Anxious One!!
Neophyte
Member # 3091

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Anxious One!!     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I always hear of u recommending 'astroglide' as a good quality lube. But being from australia, (is it even available over here) do you know of any other reliable good quality brand lubes that are available down under? that you can recommend??
Also how do u apply the lube for best results?

Posts: 28 | From: Australia | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alaska
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1896

Icon 1 posted      Profile for alaska     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi anxious,

to the best of my knowledge, Astroglide is not (widely?) available in Australia. You could however (if you are already old enough) order it online or search Condom boutiques and drugstores for other lubes.

While I do have some experience with Australian lube (tried some from Saturn), it wasn't spectacular really, but rather sticky and smelly and not very long lasting at all.

Lube is really best applied however you like it. For intercourse, a drop or two on the inside of a condom should be enough, add a little on the outside, too, and some on the vulva and vaginal region. For manual sex, just wet your gloved hands with it. All easy! Apply where needed!

I'll move this question to our Safer Sex Forum, maybe someone else has some more knowledge on Aussie lubes, otherwise, I am afraid you'll have to try several out yourself.

------------------
Caro
~spanking new Scarleteen Sexpert~

"We must become the change we want to see."
Mahatma Gandhi

Posts: 4526 | From: germany | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cupcake
Activist
Member # 4356

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cupcake     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
where can you buy lube?
just at the drugstore?

Posts: 433 | From: Canada | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alaska
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1896

Icon 1 posted      Profile for alaska     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Do you mean in general, cupcake?

Normally, you can purchase lube where you purchase condoms: drugstores, Walmart type places, supermarkets, condom shops or online.

It's either right next to the condoms, or close to the feminine hygiene products.

From my experience, in normal drugstores in Oz (and here in Germany, too), one doesn't get a great choice of products though, lube wise, so I can understand that anxious has soem trouble finding a good one.

------------------
Caro
~spanking new Scarleteen Sexpert~

"We must become the change we want to see."
Mahatma Gandhi

[This message has been edited by Alaska (edited 07-04-2001).]

Posts: 4526 | From: germany | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DC_WillowFan
Activist
Member # 631

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DC_WillowFan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here in Canada I haven't either seen Astroglide. The most populat found is KY or some condomm-brand lube.

There's not a lot of choice, at least not at the places I've been.

And btw, is it possible for some drugstores to not sell condoms ? I've been to 2 of them where I didn't saw any (or maybe I didn't found them).

David

------------------
- I hope I shall be able to confide in you completely, as I have never been able to do in anyone before, and I hope that you will be a great support and comfort to me.

Anne Frank to her journal
(1929-1945)

Posts: 201 | From: Montreal, Qc, Canada | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.