Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Safer Sex & Birth Control » Kimono Microthins

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Kimono Microthins
golden101
Activist
Member # 3133

Icon 1 posted      Profile for golden101     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey everyone,
I was reading about the Kimono Microthins in a past thread. Where can you buy these, i think i might want to try these out . I read the statement that Gumdrop girl wrote
quote:
i'm giving a big thumbs up to Kimono Microthins. I swear, you wouldn't believe you were having protected sex.
and im guessing that they are ultra sensitive but safe at the same time which is really cool . Tell me what ya think about 'em, if ya liked them, etc. Thanks everyone!

[This message has been edited by golden101 (edited 06-26-2001).]

Posts: 227 | From: U.S.A | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alaska
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1896

Icon 1 posted      Profile for alaska     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi golden,

I think Kimonos are available at health food stores. Or online, such as at our lovely scarleteen shop!

------------------
Caro
~spanking new Scarleteen Sexpert~

"We must become the change we want to see."
Mahatma Gandhi

Posts: 4526 | From: germany | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rambler
Activist
Member # 3023

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rambler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I got mine at a place called "Condomsonly.com." They were not at Condomsense, which I think only sells Lifestyles condoms (which we hate).

Don't worry, it's not obvious from the address on the box that you've ordered condoms through the mail...

------------------
rambler
Visit disabledsex.org -- Disability and Sexuality.
Or, find out how to join the teen discussion list
The only normal people are the ones you don't know very well.
--Joe Ancis

Posts: 141 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i dunno know neck of the woods you are, but even certain drug stores carry them. Try anywhere from Longs Drugs to SavOn, perhaps even Target and places of that nature. They're not really a rare variety. You can buy them in bulk online, too. my favorite place to buy is http://www.condomsexpress.com

------------------
| |: BGBGDGBG BGBGCGBG :| |

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Starry Night
Activist
Member # 3476

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Starry Night     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks. Any other types of condoms ST recommends?
Posts: 164 | From: U.S.A. | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alaska
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1896

Icon 1 posted      Profile for alaska     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Starry, I personally like Durex condoms (hm, most actually by them), Saturn extra large (an aussie brand) and Condomi premium (a german brand).

And I love pjur eros bodyglide for lube.

Have you got any faves yet?

------------------
Caro
~spanking new Scarleteen Sexpert~

"Through repetition the magic will be forced to rise."
Alchemical Precept

Posts: 4526 | From: germany | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
in addition to Kimono Microthins, I'll give my thumbs up to Durex High Sensaion and Ultimate Feeling condoms. I'm a fan of the ribbed ones.

------------------
"And who are you who are so wise in the ways of science?" from Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mizu
Neophyte
Member # 4942

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mizu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Huge thumbs up for Kimonos of all sorts! My boyfriend and I have been using them for over 3 years and despite the heftier price tag on them, they are well, well worth it.

Not once has one broken on us, plus they feel much better than most. I also find the latex is scentless, as opposed to a brand like Trojan, that always seems to reek of rubber. Yech!

One drawback about Microthins though - they tend to get a little strechted out more so than regular Kimonos after vigourous riding. =P

Don't forget your lube (I prefer I.D. silicon - doesn't dry up or get sticky) and have fun!

Posts: 5 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.