Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Safer Sex & Birth Control » Astroglide in Australia?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Astroglide in Australia?
Ephiny
Neophyte
Member # 2044

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ephiny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was wondering if anyone would know if Astroglide (or any of the other recommended lubes) is sold in Australia, and what stores/chemists? I've found I could get it shipped from USA/UK, but this seems a little silly and expensive. Thanks.
Posts: 10 | From: Brisbane, Australia | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hanne
Sexpert
Member # 100

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hanne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm going to move this to "Sex Basics" -- we have some Australian volunteer moderators (Advocates) who may be able to answer your question.

------------------
Hanne Blank
Co-Editor, Scarleteen

Start a Revolution -- Stop Hating Your Body!

Posts: 1538 | From: boston, ma, USA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pixie69
Activist
Member # 406

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pixie69     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you happen to have a condom or sex shop then they'll most likely have a large variety. I know in the states we have Condom World and we have tons of adult sex shops (but that may just be because I'm in Vegas "sin city'') but I'd imagine there has to be SOME place like that in Austrialia.

------------------
Brittany
Scarleteen Advocate

This person is a natural product. The slight variations in color and texture enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects.

Posts: 1339 | From: Las Vegas, NV, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beppie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 94

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beppie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I haven't seen it myself, but I've only looked for it in supermarkets, department stores and chemists.
Posts: 2710 | From: Australia | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hanne
Sexpert
Member # 100

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hanne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Beppie (and other Australians!) -- what lubes *have* you been able to find in Oz? Perhaps there are some Australian brands that work well for you?

I mean, it doesn't have to be Astroglide... and I'm sure there must be something available Down Under. Yes?

------------------
Hanne Blank
Co-Editor, Scarleteen

Start a Revolution -- Stop Hating Your Body!

Posts: 1538 | From: boston, ma, USA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alaska
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1896

Icon 1 posted      Profile for alaska     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As far as my experience in Australia goes, the drugstores I shopped in only carried either condom brand or generic water based lube. - I remember seeing (and purchasing, out of dire need, and it was big mistake) a Saturn lubricant that was all sticky and bitter smelling. While I quite like the condoms, that stuff is evil, it really is.

I never ventured into any Australian condom shop, but I did see one, so I guess they'd have a better variety of lubes there.

Anyone else an idea about good Australian lubes? (I'll prolly be travelling to Oz in August, so just in case I forget my pjur eros bodyglide it would be nice to know where and what something adequate can be purchased )

------------------
"I am capable of, but sometimes not interested in making myself happy."

Posts: 4526 | From: germany | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beppie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 94

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beppie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, I took a trip to my local Woolies today to check out the lubes they stock- they had KY Jelly, the icky Saturn stuff that Alaska mentioned as well as a brand called Wet Stuff (comes in both banana and rasberry flavours) and an Ansell brand (same brand as the condoms). I can't say whether those two are good or bad though.
Posts: 2710 | From: Australia | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ack! WET! that stuff gave me a nasty rash!!!

------------------
This space reserved for the free exchange of thoughts and ideas.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beppie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 94

Actually, the brand was called "Wet Stuff", not "Wet", so it might not be the same thing.
Lin
Activist
Member # 2050

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Interestingly enough, I found it in Singapore.

And it is bloody expensive. But I shall have to buy it just because I have heard so many good things about it.

If you are over 18, you could probably buy them from online shops. I'm afraid that's the most I can do to help. Unles you are willing to wait till I come to Oz, then I could buy you a box of Astroglide.

Posts: 2294 | From: Singapore | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alaska
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1896

Icon 1 posted      Profile for alaska     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Duh. So no good news on the wide australina lube scene. Thanks for checking that Beppie.
I'd be happy to ship some decent lube in next time I come around.

Posts: 4526 | From: germany | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.