Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Safer Sex & Birth Control » Swedish Condoms

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Swedish Condoms
Eclipse
Activist
Member # 2254

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eclipse     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So...
Babes in Toyland has new condoms for sale from a company in Sweden. They're individually named the "Mamba," the "Okeido," the "Birds and the Bees," and the "Profil." They claim that that company's comdom testing process is 15 times more stringent than ANY other company's in the world. They're reasonably priced ($2.40/3 pak... cheaper than Kimonos!).

Needless to say, my curiousity is peaked. Babeland doesn't even give the manufacturer's name though.

A websearch pulls up an info page at condomx.com giving RFSU as the manufacturers. Also giving information (with pictures) of the testing process and vital stats for the condoms. They're as thick as or thicker than Trojans and less wide--given MzS's posts in the big condoms thread, I wouldn't think this would be good for most people? They sell a three pack with one each of the small, medium, and large sizes, so you can find what fits best. Seems like a good idea.

Condom Stats:

The Mamba (snug fit):
Length=175mm Width=51mm Thickness=0.06mm
-----

The Profil (regular contoured) and
The Nam Nam (strawberry flavored) and
The Birds 'n' Bees (textured)

Length=185mm Width=52mm Thickness=0.06mm
-----

The Okeido (longer/bigger):
Length=190mm Width=53mm Thickness=0.07mm

I love the logo. Smiling yellow condom.

So: Anyone heard/read about them? Anyone have any experience with them? Do we have any users from Sweden? Where can I read more about condom testing processes/standards?

I'm such a junkie. (:

Posts: 257 | From: Sarasota, FL | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eclipse
Activist
Member # 2254

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eclipse     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
PS - I'm really impressed with condomx.com too. What a cool site.
Posts: 257 | From: Sarasota, FL | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alaska
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1896

Icon 1 posted      Profile for alaska     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Eclipse,

yup, I've tried those. Ages ago though. Ages and ages ago. RFSU condoms are pretty widely available here (my local drugstore carries the small packs), and I remember buying and using the "birds & bees" ones and the "Okeido" ones with a previous partner (about 3 years ago, or more). I only remember using the Okeido ones though, and my former partner seemed to like them, while I have no particular memory of them (or what happened when we used them, talk about memorable) - my condom preferences have changed since then, anyway.

In regards to testing, we have our own testing thing here in Europe, and I bet the Swedes most definitely comply with the standards, because otherwise you couldn't buy them here and because they are a bunch of clever people with excellent health care and sex ed.

I shall try them again once I have a 3D sex life again.

Sorry that can't help more.
Alaska

Posts: 4526 | From: germany | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eclipse
Activist
Member # 2254

Thanks Alaska!

Yeah, the site says there's a European testing standard, which their testing processes exceeds. They also said that Switzerland has the most stringent testing requirements in the world for imported condoms, which their testing process also exceeds. I can by that, but I'm having trouble figuring out where they got the "15 times" figure.

I did find a page on condom testing. http://www.fhi.org/en/fp/fpother/conom/conmon10.html

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.