Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Safer Sex & Birth Control » Lifestyles Discs

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Lifestyles Discs
ThisGuy
Activist
Member # 968

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ThisGuy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lifestyles Extra Sensitive Lubricated Discs - condoms in little yoghurt container thingies.

Sounds like a good idea - a condom in a container that's even easier to open than the usual ones. Just peel it open like a yoghurt packet. This works fine, even if it seems like overkill to me.

What lies inside was a serious disappointment - aside from its diminutive size (no meassurement available, but it was fairly small - 40mm?), the condom reeks!

Rotting cabbage. Just the scent you need during sex! I don't know if the container was faulty or what, but these condoms were fresh from the shop. The expiry date was 2004.

When (after a few minutes struggling - imagine trying to pin down loose soap in the shower) I finally got one on, things got worse. Imagine something smelly and unpleasant looking that is slowly choking the life out of your genitals.

At least it was lubricated - as hard as it was to get off, I didn't need scissors!

In all, I'd recommend crushing Mr. Happy in a car door as a preferable means of birth control. ;p

------------------
My dream headline:
Britney Speared During African Concert!

Posts: 915 | From: Australia | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ErinK
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1371

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ErinK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Huh. One of my partners and I used those for a while (he bought them -- usually I buy Durex) and we didn't have any problems with them, nor did I notice any smell.

Maybe you got a bad one? He seemed quite taken with them. I was really touched that he'd gone out and gotten them, since up until then I was the one making the effort to have the safer sex supplies on hand.

Just another datapoint,
Erin

Posts: 3077 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
chika24_7
Neophyte
Member # 2925

Icon 1 posted      Profile for chika24_7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
really? wow. thats pretty much all i use. i practicly swore my sex life by them. maybe you just got a bad one or something because everytime i used them i never had a complaint. *heh*
Posts: 2 | From: arizona | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
emsily0
Activist
Member # 2059

Icon 1 posted      Profile for emsily0     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i've never used the lifestyles yogurt container ones, but the durex coins seem to be pretty much the same idea and i've never had an issue with them smelling weird (anymore than latex smells weird...but that's another issue...)

i agree. bad batch. i may have to try them myself now, though...i'm curious.

em

------------------
Love is a word that is constantly heard
Hate is a word that is not.
Love, I am told, is more precious than gold.
Love, I have read, is hot.
But hate is the verb that to me is superb,
And love but a drug on the mart.
Any kiddie in school can love like a fool,
But hating, my boy, is an art.
-Ogden Nash

Posts: 786 | From: Washington, DC | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ThisGuy
Activist
Member # 968

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ThisGuy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmmmm...maybe it was the cabbage I had for lunch, then? ;p

I guess maybe it was a bad batch...but I tried all the ones in the pack and they all smelled horrible. I'm just glad I was only looking at the time - great way to kill a mood!

------------------
I am a very bad person.

Posts: 915 | From: Australia | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eclipse
Activist
Member # 2254

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eclipse     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Say, speaking of condoms, if I haven't already, I'd like to thank Scarleteen generally (meaning Miz Scarlet & Hanne particularly ) for recommending the kimono microthins. Even I can tell how good they are, on the receiving end and all. When we have money, we buy those. Thank you, thank you, thank you. We both really like them.

Durex is sort of our default condom, 'cause we get bunches of them free! here at college. We've actually wandered outside and gone upstairs in our bathrobes and knocked on the RAs' door and said "Condoms please!" They gave us a big handful, and we keep them in a big, ugly, bright red glittery cheap plastic santa claus jar that we got from Wal-Mart for 25 cents. Merry christmas.

Posts: 257 | From: Sarasota, FL | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.