Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex in Media: Books, Magazines, Films, TV & More » I would strongly recommend the book "Sex Lives of Australian Women" by Joan Sauers.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I would strongly recommend the book "Sex Lives of Australian Women" by Joan Sauers.
WesLuck
Activist
Member # 56822

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WesLuck     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It is a collection of thoughts, anonymously made and printed, made about all aspects of Australian Women's sex lives based on a big survey in early 2007. While it is especially relevant to Australians, it is also a great read because it reveals women's thoughts in a range of topics, but never reveals identifying information, so the answers to the survey are unusually candid. The author deals with all the major issues I could think of, and in each chapter the frequency of thoughts of different viewpoints matches closely the proportion of those viewpoints in the survey.

I would also like to congratulate Heather and all other survivors of sexual abuse for surviving and coming out the other end and doing such wonderful things as your wonderful Scarleteen web-site which has certainly helped thousands and thousands of people! I haven't yet posted in the Support or Abuse sections of the web-site, but seeing those tales described in the book of abuse and the wide-ranging guilt and stories of survival that many women face for something that is not their fault, I am very thankful that you have their back! [Smile]

Congratulations Heather on being such a great person and fearless ambassador for healthy sexuality in the age group that needs it most! [Smile] And thanks to all the Scarleteen volunteers, staff and friendly participants that make Scarleteen what it is!

Posts: 540 | From: Australia | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.