Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex in Media: Books, Magazines, Films, TV & More » abortion ban in IN

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: abortion ban in IN
Lilerse
Activist
Member # 46007

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lilerse     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry if this should go in Sexual Ethics instead..

but yeah, new bill just passed in the House. Bans abortion if the pregnancy is beyond 20 weeks, requires abortion practitioners to tell women "human life starts at conception" and that abortion leads to increased risk of "infertility and breast cancer."

I think it should be required to tell the Republican lawmakers that banning abortion leads to hemorrhages and death. As well as rape by illegal abortion practitioners.
Oh right, women don't get raped. They just lie.

That's right, Eric Turner reasons “Someone who is desirous of an abortion could simply say that they’ve been raped or there’s incest.” Cuz it's just that simple.
Fortunately, Democrat Linda Lawson called him out his bullshit and said “I was a sex crimes investigator for six years. Women don’t make this up!”
But the bill was passed anyway - even if you were raped, you still can't get an abortion past 20 weeks.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/03/31/indiana-house-backs-greater-abortion-restrictions/

http://www.newser.com/story/115351/indiana-rep-women-will-lie-about-rape-to-get-abortions.html

I live in Indiana too. I'd really hoped by 2011 people would stop with the whole controlling women's bodies thing. What an age we live in.

[ 04-01-2011, 04:07 PM: Message edited by: Lilerse ]

Posts: 219 | From: Indiana | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
clm1994
Activist
Member # 58992

Icon 1 posted      Profile for clm1994     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
does this ban only apply to Indiana? or all the states? but it really is a shame they are against pro choice. In my opinion, a woman should decide this for herself. It will only affect her in the end and women are capable of making this desicion. it sad how this is very controversal because a lot of women if raped or have an unwanted pregnancy feel better when they know they have the choice to either go through with it or end it. and human life starting after conception, in my opinion, differs if a woman believes this or not.
Posts: 52 | From: Massachusetts | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jill2000Plus
Activist
Member # 41657

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jill2000Plus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I wonder how bad things are going to get before they start getting better. Also, is there an exemption for life and health of the mother (which would certainly not make this bill ok, just hoping there is one because then the situation would be marginally less dire).

--------------------
Always knock before entering my room when I am in there alone, as I may be doing all sorts of wonderfully thrilling things that I'd rather you didn't see.

Posts: 840 | From: UK | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cnon
Neophyte
Member # 34034

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cnon         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Jill2000Plus:
I wonder how bad things are going to get before they start getting better. Also, is there an exemption for life and health of the mother (which would certainly not make this bill ok, just hoping there is one because then the situation would be marginally less dire).

Yes, according to the article, there is an exception for the life of the Mother.

Cnon

Posts: 35 | From: somewhere | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jill2000Plus
Activist
Member # 41657

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jill2000Plus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Cnon:
quote:

Yes, according to the article, there is an exception for the life of the Mother.

Cnon

Is there an exception for the health of the mother (ie.: this pregnancy will make me go blind?)

--------------------
Always knock before entering my room when I am in there alone, as I may be doing all sorts of wonderfully thrilling things that I'd rather you didn't see.

Posts: 840 | From: UK | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cnon
Neophyte
Member # 34034

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cnon         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Cnon:
quote:

Cnon

Is there an exception for the health of the mother (ie.: this pregnancy will make me go blind?)
I just reread the article and it says only if the life of the Mother is in danger.
Posts: 35 | From: somewhere | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.