Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex in Media: Books, Magazines, Films, TV & More » Dan Savage & Savage Love

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Dan Savage & Savage Love
gothicguy
Neophyte
Member # 32417

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gothicguy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just curious as to what Scarleteen readers and volunteers think of the advice Dan Savage gives in his "Savage Love" sex & relationship advice column.

Personally I find it refreshing to find someone who refuses to soft-soap things and calls it how he sees it! It's a welcome change from some of the wishy-washy advice I sometimes come across!

What does everyone else think?

--------------------
SSC is a good idea for vanilla people too!

Posts: 28 | From: England | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EVivian
Activist
Member # 38998

Icon 1 posted      Profile for EVivian     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not familiar with his column... Any chance you could provide some of us lazy people with a link?
Posts: 71 | From: USA | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Some of his stuff is good. It's all entertaining. But some of it isn't safe physically nor emotionally, so we don't totally endorse his stuff here. But I get a good larf out of his columns. It's a shame that ST is blocked at my office, but I can read Savage Love just fine.

--------------------
LA County STD Hotline 1.800.758.0880
Toll free STD and clinic information, and condoms sent to your door for Los Angeles County residents.
1 in 3 sexually active people will be exposed to a STD by the time they turn 24.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gothicguy
Neophyte
Member # 32417

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gothicguy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by EVivian:
I'm not familiar with his column... Any chance you could provide some of us lazy people with a link?

Sure - http://www.thestranger.com/seattle/savagelove

Please bear in mind this column deals with adult themes with adult language - if you're easily offended please stay away!

--------------------
SSC is a good idea for vanilla people too!

Posts: 28 | From: England | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
queenofcarrotflowers
Neophyte
Member # 39159

Icon 1 posted      Profile for queenofcarrotflowers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I really like it and am a pretty faithful reader. More for entertainment than education, though, but I do learn things occasionally.
Posts: 13 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
May Day
Activist
Member # 39174

Icon 1 posted      Profile for May Day     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
and of course this thread already exists after i just create one to say how awesome the column is. nuts. ohs wells:P
Posts: 172 | From: Australia | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Felixosaurus
Activist
Member # 42678

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Felixosaurus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've just started really getting into it. And On the whole i think it's just the right blend of funny/serious/etc.

--------------------
www.criticalmasculinities.com

Posts: 42 | From: Australia | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.