Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex in Media: Books, Magazines, Films, TV & More » Want to support OTHER awesome sex ed sources?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Want to support OTHER awesome sex ed sources?
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Or do you already?

In case you don't, and want to know some good places to put time, energy, money, or even props that provide or support sex education, sexual health, relationship safety and such, here's a short list from me.

By all means, feel free to add on!

San Francisco Sex Information (SFSI)
Advocates for Youth
Sex, Etc.
The Abortion Conversation Project (which includes Mom, Dad, I'm Pregnant)
The National Abortion Federation (which includes an important private national and state abortion fund source for low-income women)
The YWCA
The American Social Health Association (ASHA)
The Human Rights Campaign
Our Bodies, Ourselves

More from me later...your turn!

[ 02-15-2007, 11:10 AM: Message edited by: Heather ]

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
annaks
Neophyte
Member # 32774

Icon 1 posted      Profile for annaks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Advocates for Youth
SEICUS
Intersex Society of North America
Planned Parentood Federation of America

--------------------
anna k. s.

Posts: 4 | From: Boston, MA | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kaylea
Neophyte
Member # 33113

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kaylea     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here's another great resource: www.dinahproject.com

I just read a hysterical posting on sex ed
http://dinahproject.com/articles_view_details.asp?id=97

Posts: 5 | From: London | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
chimera79
Neophyte
Member # 43555

Icon 1 posted      Profile for chimera79     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Lots of good info at [Smile] [Link removed. While we greatly appreciate your interest in helping others and sharing a website you've found to be useful, the site you linked to is not in line with our site guidelines or our goals as a pro-choice, sex-positive, feminist site because much of the advice given in the site you linked to supports rather stringent gender roles and stereotypes as well as unhealthy relationship dynamics and heterocentric ideas. We hope to continue seeing you around the boards!--orca]

[ 08-02-2009, 11:17 PM: Message edited by: orca ]

Posts: 1 | From: USA | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.