Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex in Media: Books, Magazines, Films, TV & More » Hilarious Sex-ed Videos! (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Hilarious Sex-ed Videos!
badly_behaved_badger
Activist
Member # 7728

Icon 10 posted      Profile for badly_behaved_badger     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Recently in school we watched a *hilarious* video about condoms. It's called 'Johnny Condom' and it features a singing condom (don't ask )singing a tune that goes 'Johnny Condom...wear a condom!

Even though it was pretty darn silly, it got the point across, people are still singing it now!

Has anyone else seen anything mad enough to mention? Please tell me if you have!!!

[This message has been edited by badly_behaved_badger (edited 06-01-2002).]

Posts: 388 | From: UK | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Daydreamer24
Activist
Member # 5578

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Daydreamer24     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We had to watch several videos in health on STDs and safe sex. On one of the STD ones, they had a really funny demo:

3 paint cans. One purple. One orange. One white. This represents 3 females.

Then along came a clean, un-used paint brush. This represents a male.

The paintbrush went inside the purple paint can, then the white one, then the orange one.

Before you know it, there are all different colored paints swirled around in every paint can. This represented STDs.

In the end, it showed a "how you could've prevented the spread of the STDs." There was a plastic covering on the paintbrush with new paint cans.

Cute.

Posts: 1619 | From: TEXAS | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
melimelo
Activist
Member # 7361

Icon 1 posted      Profile for melimelo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Last year we had a fun one. it was a cartoon condom and he would walk around and metamorph. i don't remember what they said, but i loved how it was drawn.

Posts: 81 | From: north america | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vinnie Tesla
Neophyte
Member # 8041

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vinnie Tesla     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
For Windows users, I recommend Catch the Sperm, a birth-control video game sponsored by the Swiss government.

Posts: 21 | From: Somewhere near Boston | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Daydreamer24
Activist
Member # 5578

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Daydreamer24     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
*lmao* Vinnie! That game is hilarious!
Posts: 1619 | From: TEXAS | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackRoseFaery
Activist
Member # 7365

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlackRoseFaery     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow...sounds like all of you had better sex ed classes than I did. The only thing we watched was a slide show showing graphic pictures of STDs,(oh the horror!) and then the rest of the time everything was strictly about abstinence. It really got on my nerves.

I think condoms were mentioned once and all that was said was that they are 20% in effective.

------------------
Some days the line I walk, turns out to be straight.Other days the line tends to deviate. - Ani DiFranco

Posts: 88 | From: Hixson, TN, US | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HeatherRocksMyBobbySocks
Activist
Member # 7347

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HeatherRocksMyBobbySocks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hmph, we don't even get to learn about STDs, much less see pictures.

However, my friend was the star of a film that will forever be used in public schools in Chicago about puberty. *giggles* Speaking of which, I need to get my hands on that video...

Posts: 103 | From: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
celery
Activist
Member # 5594

Icon 1 posted      Profile for celery     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hehe, this year we watched a Cartoon Sex Ed video based on the book "Where did I come from?".

It was pretty funny, all the guys were being so loud and obnoxious and just laughing their heads off.

Posts: 1000 | From: Canada | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mistress_monkey
Activist
Member # 7467

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mistress_monkey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
my friend told me once of a sex-ed video starring The Fonz!!!! *eeeek!* she'll come up to me in the hallways and sing "penis...vaaa-gina..."

unfortunately, i went to a catholic school until i got to highschool, so no sex-ed video's fo' me. since safe sex (contraceptives) is a sin in the catholic church, our religion teacher told us when we were about 13 that condoms don't work. how irresponsible. now all those kids just will have sex without condoms.

------------------
Hail Eris! KaAAIXTI! All hail Discordia! 23 Skidoo!

"If you're going to be a non-conformist, you're going to have to wear the uniform."

Posts: 158 | From: grrrrr, nowhere, usa | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
West1001
Activist
Member # 8317

Icon 6 posted      Profile for West1001     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well all you seem to have more exciting sex-ed classes than I ever got. The only videos we ever watched were "Degrassi High", which I have no real complaints about as I went on loving the show, and of course Joey Jeramiah. The Cutest one of all
Posts: 99 | From: Vancouver, BC, CANADA | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
evie ivy over
Neophyte
Member # 9306

Icon 1 posted      Profile for evie ivy over     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We watched one in fifth grade about menstruation. The premise was that these girls were having a slumber party and that one of them got her period for the first time and they all had a bunch of questions about it. When they came downstairs in the morning for breakfast, they talked about it with the mother of one of the girls, who poured the pancake batter into the shape of a uterus and ovaries in order to help explain the way a woman is built inside.

It was hysterical.

Posts: 17 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rizzo
Activist
Member # 802

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Rizzo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I remember seeing a puberty film in grade 6. It has this boy in it, bonding with the zookeeper of all people.

The zookeeper says "I've seen a lot of penises!" (little boy looks shocked) "...Animal penises, that is!" says the zookeeper.

Anyway, more recently I've been amusing myself with the hilarious sex-ed videos that can be found here: http://www.archive.org/movies/bytitle.html

Posts: 582 | From: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tim
Activist
Member # 9649

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Tim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ok i went there but wheeres the sex ed videos well can someone tell me where i can download one
Posts: 63 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TXRebelGirl
Activist
Member # 9782

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TXRebelGirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This cracked me up!!! My school would NEVER have featured a sex-ed video!! Thank God a had a mother who bought me more sex-ed books than I knew what to do with! At my highschool the health classes (they would never have out and out called it sex ed) were taught by the football coaches who as you might imagine got red in the face even saying the word "reproduction". They would write on the board what were to read from the text (only a few chapters in the health book covered anything about sex and NOTHING about protection - it said to ask your doctor) and then we would have a test. *rolls eyes* Ridiculous!! LOL

------------------
"If Microsoft had things their way there would be no books, only comic strips..."

Posts: 61 | From: Houston, TX, USA | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
starlight23
Activist
Member # 9388

Icon 1 posted      Profile for starlight23     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
evie - i'm not sure but i think i saw the same one as you! lol. all i know is in 5th grade, the girls and the boys were seperated and only watched the pertaining to them. then in 6th grade we got to watch one all together. 50 6th graders crammed in a room watching a movie about reproduction...i dont even think it was sex...lol. Oh and then we got to write questions down and even if we didn't have one we had to put the paper in a hat so no one would know who asked the question. LOL.
Posts: 122 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CollegeChickFL
Neophyte
Member # 9727

Icon 10 posted      Profile for CollegeChickFL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
haha, evie, I too was subjected to the pancake video! The nastiest part of that is the fact that they all serve the little girl's father a big platter of pancakes when they're done. Did they give him the ovary shaped ones too? Ack, too twisted to think about!

My other most memorable sex-ed moment was also in 6th grade when they left us with a substitute teacher and a video about "our changing bodies." Long-story short, the teacher let the students operate the VCR, so we got to watch the animated diagram explaining erections in fastforward and rewind about twenty times. It looked like it was waving to us and we were practically rolling on the floor laughing.

Posts: 4 | From: Orlando, FL, USA | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dzuunmod
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 226

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dzuunmod     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, uh, Tim, your internet browser probably has a 'find' function. Mine's an Intenret Explorer, and it's under the 'edit' menu. Go to the site, find 'sex' and it'll find you all the hilarious sex-ed videos you could want.

------------------
"Isn't it amazing what you can accomplish/when the little sensation gets in your way/no ambition whisperin' over your shoulder/oh, isn't it amazing you can do anything"
-The Tragically Hip, Fireworks

Posts: 1515 | From: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oohlala34
Activist
Member # 11096

Icon 10 posted      Profile for oohlala34     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In the fourth grade, we had to watch a video about AIDS and another one about periods.The AIDS one was where these boys and their dad were out and they saw this newspaper that had an article about AIDS in it.So then their dad told them about it...
Posts: 95 | From: Somewhere USA | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GlitterFly
Neophyte
Member # 11102

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GlitterFly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Heh, my mother educated me about sex when I was in third grade. And when I had sex ed in forth, the teacher showed all the girls a big picture of a vulva. Everyone was like 'wow'. But I was suprised because they didn't even mention the clitorus on it! I rasied my hand and asked 'Excuse me, but where is the clitorus on the diagram?' The teacher turned about five shades of red and was silent for a long time. I always found that amusing ^-^.
And in seventh grade,the teacher showed us a slide show that he made him self. 'Ok, here's the sperm, here's the egg. The egg lures the sperm in, and then they make a baby.' That's all I caught, besides the fact that he was enjoying himself too much. My now ex-girlfriend and I were cuddling through the whole thing. I was distracted =^-^=
But the FUNNIEST sex ed vid I ever saw was about this boy learning about his penis.
"When I wake up in the morning, there's white stuff all over my bed. What is it Mr. Narrator?"
"Why, that's semen Jimmy!" And so forth

Posts: 5 | From: New York, US of A | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Angel07
Activist
Member # 8018

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Angel07     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by evie ivy over:
We watched one in fifth grade about menstruation. The premise was that these girls were having a slumber party and that one of them got her period for the first time and they all had a bunch of questions about it. When they came downstairs in the morning for breakfast, they talked about it with the mother of one of the girls, who poured the pancake batter into the shape of a uterus and ovaries in order to help explain the way a woman is built inside.

It was hysterical.

wow, she must have been good with that batter. i remember trying to make MY pancakes in shapes~tough. i watched a video in like 4 or 5th grade but i honestly dont remember ANYTHING about it. i remember we got this little bag with deoderant and a couple pads etc. i still have it actually. we havent watched anything relating to that actually yet. and im in 8th! my mom has given me plenty of books (illustrations too!) about it, for different ages. im well informed i think. scarleteen helps too!!

Posts: 131 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wybb
Neophyte
Member # 11199

Icon 11 posted      Profile for wybb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Our school didn't have sex-ed videos. But in 3rd form Biology, they made us watch a movie about some kids grow up with a penis and ends up with virgina and vice versa. O well what can you do when we had bugger all about sex-ed. Hmmm, can only remember playing with wooden dicks and condoms. Bring back time so I might learn some more?
Posts: 12 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Issy
Neophyte
Member # 11515

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Issy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, this is too much fun!
Did anyone get any of these in their sex ed class?:

Grade 5: "The Always Product Shot" Video.
-a little foggy now, but basically a bunch of girls sitting around sharing their deepest darkest feelings about their periods interupted with narration like: "From now until you start having regular menstral periods you may want to wear an Always fresh-days panty liner (cut to close up shot of panty-liner box on back of toilet) every day in order to avoid embarassing accidents." Horrible, simply horrible.

Grade 6: The postgym locker room, 'Oh no, I'm bleeding...down THERE!' video
-what starts out as a frightening, wide-eyes all 'round locker room experience complete with a friendly offering of "maybe you sat on something sharp" quickly transforms into a good old bonding with the older sister home from college session, where sis explains it all. Then at school the next day, horror of horrors, our naive little protagonist drops a package of pads (oddly enough, ALWAYS brand again, anyone smell the stench of corporate conspiracy) in plain view of a dashingly handsome young man. And we wonder why women have issues discussion their sexual health.

Grade 7:
-Boys and girls together this year. Review of "bleeding...down there" with the addition of the boys' classic "I think I wet the bed!" (directed to the older brother who discovers the young chap nervously doing a midnight load of sheets).
-also this year, as mentioned earlier, the good old degrassi kids. things were looking up with them when we viewed the episode on sexual diversity and our teacher told us that in our class of thirty, probably three of us would be gay and that was okay (she was wrong. so far, including me, four of us are out, that I know of ). But the lesson took a tragic turn when someone asked "what about bisexual people?" and our teacher answered "oh, they're just confused."

After that I don't remember much, except for the horribly shocking STD slides of later years. Condoms and bananas figure prominently also.

Conclusion?
We need to be doing better in school. It's fab that Scarleteen is out here doing such a great job, but it shouldn't need to be.

<edited 'cause I can't spell rolleyes correctly...maybe we ought to do something about spelling instruction in schools too, eh?>

[This message has been edited by Issy (edited 01-19-2003).]

Posts: 10 | From: Edmonton, AB CANADA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cup of Joe
Neophyte
Member # 10643

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Cup of Joe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hahahaha! Oh this thread has been a good laugh. I cannot believe these sex ed videos you're all talking about. Johnny Condom? Haha, it sounds like something out of a 50's reel! And the bigger brother and sister explaining body changes to the younger...well, what if you don't have an older brother or sister, hmm? And if you do, what if they just stay out of it like mine did. Then again, I pretty much hid everything from everyone.

The most sex ed I ever got from my parents was about where do babies come from and my mom handled that. She got this book out which explained the basics like, "the penis goes into the vagina" and stuff like that, nothing too explicit. I never got a "birds and the bees" lecture.

I don't recall watching any videos in my sex ed class. I guess even in the few years since I've had it alot has changed. All I remember is seeing slides of STDS at their worst, much like BlackRoseFaery. Abstinence was definitely stressed over safe sex I think.

I remember she demonstrated how to put on a condom and there was this one thing she did showing how easily STDs can be transmitted with some sort of liquid and we the class would go mix their fluids by "having sex" and then she went around and dropped this stuff in our tubes and if it changed color, we had an STD. It was like the paintbrush thing that Daydreamer talked about, only clearly stressing abstinence instead of safe sex.

I don't know if the curriculum was teacher-specific however, because as far as I know, there were two and one was really strict and boring while the other was laid back and fun. Students told me that she did things like sex Jeopardy. I of course had the boring one.

It's good to see that sex ed has gotten better, but we still have a long way to go. Johnny Condom, hahaha. In my opinion, my sex ed course used what I like to call "scare tactics," and I hope something has changed since 6 years ago. Wow, 6 years? Where does the time go? Sex ed could be alot better than it is. I learned more from this site alone than I ever did from my sex ed class.

[This message has been edited by Cup of Joe (edited 01-21-2003).]

Posts: 34 | From: Old Bridge, NJ, USA | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pumpkin_Pie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 5822

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pumpkin_Pie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok, I must admit something...

This is shocking, so brace yourselves....

I. Was. In . A Sex ED VIDEO!!!

Its out its out!!!! (Like me!)

Anyhoo, yes I was in one about teen pregnancy, and which was also about S.T.Ds(specifically warts) something I didn't find out til I saw the full video.

I was just a member of "the Gang" i.e. the friends of the pregnant person.

An friend of mine, Eoin(who's actually gay!) was the father and he just cannot act for his supper and the script went something like:

"Hi, my name is Ben. And this is my son Adam.... Me and Shannon couldn't help ourselves. She was so sexy blah blah blah..."

And he sounded like a robot. Worse then Keanu Reeves.

And the man in it who got warts suposedly is standing outside this shop in the middle of Cork's busiest street, gets a phone call from his girlfriend who tells him she has warts.

The conversation we hear is:

"What? What do you have? You have what? You have WARTS!!!!"

At the top of his voice...

We were just breaking our arse's laughing!

Luckily we never had that video in school because horrors of horrors-it promoted contraceptives. I made it with the local centre for sexual health.

And one day in school we had the lovely lady from Tampax with her pretty diagrams showing us how to use tampons. I was about 14, and I never laughed so much in my laugh.

And then a girl fainted...

Plus we got a talk on Chastity from some crazy Canadians(no offense). They were really crazy. Not because of the Chastity thing, they were just mental...

Felt like home..

Posts: 896 | From: Europe | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sugarfairy1313
Neophyte
Member # 11583

Icon 12 posted      Profile for sugarfairy1313     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
sex-ed has always been an ... intersting experience for me. in 5th grade we had 2 or three short classes on reproduction, nothing big, and also when i was 11 in 5th grade i was sort of a dork, when people laughed at stuff people said in class i didnt i awlways sat and wondered what was so funny, And when people would say "ewww" when someone said something gross at lunch I never understood, so during our sex ed classes We had to be really quiet and not discuss anything outside that room, But during the movie the narrator said "for a women to get pregnant the sperm must go into the vagina" All of a sudden i just burst out and yelled "EEEEEWWWWW" excpecting everone else to say it but no one did!no one else said it with me, they all stared at me like I was crazy, I was so embaressed, from then on I never said anything during class!
Posts: 23 | From: vienna, virginia, USA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sugarfairy1313
Neophyte
Member # 11583

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sugarfairy1313     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Issy:
Okay, this is too much fun!
Did anyone get any of these in their sex ed class?:

Grade 5: "The Always Product Shot" Video.
-a little foggy now, but basically a bunch of girls sitting around sharing their deepest darkest feelings about their periods interupted with narration like: "From now until you start having regular menstral periods you may want to wear an Always fresh-days panty liner (cut to close up shot of panty-liner box on back of toilet) every day in order to avoid embarassing accidents." Horrible, simply horrible.

Grade 6: The postgym locker room, 'Oh no, I'm bleeding...down THERE!' video
-what starts out as a frightening, wide-eyes all 'round locker room experience complete with a friendly offering of "maybe you sat on something sharp" quickly transforms into a good old bonding with the older sister home from college session, where sis explains it all. Then at school the next day, horror of horrors, our naive little protagonist drops a package of pads (oddly enough, ALWAYS brand again, anyone smell the stench of corporate conspiracy) in plain view of a dashingly handsome young man. And we wonder why women have issues discussion their sexual health.

Grade 7:
-Boys and girls together this year. Review of "bleeding...down there" with the addition of the boys' classic "I think I wet the bed!" (directed to the older brother who discovers the young chap nervously doing a midnight load of sheets).
-also this year, as mentioned earlier, the good old degrassi kids. things were looking up with them when we viewed the episode on sexual diversity and our teacher told us that in our class of thirty, probably three of us would be gay and that was okay (she was wrong. so far, including me, four of us are out, that I know of ). But the lesson took a tragic turn when someone asked "what about bisexual people?" and our teacher answered "oh, they're just confused."

After that I don't remember much, except for the horribly shocking STD slides of later years. Condoms and bananas figure prominently also.

Conclusion?
We need to be doing better in school. It's fab that Scarleteen is out here doing such a great job, but it shouldn't need to be.

<edited 'cause I can't spell rolleyes correctly...maybe we ought to do something about spelling instruction in schools too, eh?>

[This message has been edited by Issy (edited 01-19-2003).]

I saw the same video in 6th grade, It was strange! I just have a question, How did you get those smileys in the message?

------------------
Noelle M.J.
"Jum Jum Ali"

Posts: 23 | From: vienna, virginia, USA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
icanthinkofaname
Activist
Member # 12481

Icon 1 posted      Profile for icanthinkofaname     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Issy, I know exactly which movie you're talkign about. The 6th grade "I'm beeding...Down There!" video. Taht was frickin funny. It was called "Girl to Woman". Then the other one, "boy to Man" was the exact same thing but with a guy. He got an erection while taking school pictures cuz he was standing next o this girl he liked, and he looked down and the look on his face was hilarious.It doesn't sound nearly as funny as it actually was.
This year we were exposed to the horror of a movie called "Who Am I Now?" It was really dumb. In one scene a girl opens up a jacket and everyone laughs at her cuz her chest is flat. then she opens it again and everyone says "OOOOH!" (including the girls) cuz she has breasts. Then there's a game show about ex and at the end there's a really gay kind of music video. Again, it sounds dumb, but if you were there and saw t yourself you would know what I'm taking about.

By the way, if I ever hear my P.E. teacher say the word "penis" or "ejaculate" I will shoot myself

Posts: 95 | From: Look behind you..... | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Jill
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 5375

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Jill     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by icanthinkofaname:
...then she opens it again and everyone says "OOOOH!" (including the girls) cuz she has breasts. Then there's a game show about ex and at the end there's a really gay kind of music video.

Please keep in mind that some girls are attracted to breasts. While oohing and ahhing when someone takes off a coat may not be the most appropriate way to show it, there is certainly nothing strange about it.

In the same vein, using the word "gay" as a derogatory term is also inappropriate. As per the guidelines everyone is asked to be respectful of others.

Posts: 3641 | From: Truckee, CA, US | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
icanthinkofaname
Activist
Member # 12481

Icon 1 posted      Profile for icanthinkofaname     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I apologize for using gay as a derogatory term. It's used as a derogatory term very often and I made a mistake. From now on I will try my best not to use it in a bad way as long as I use this site.

------------------
If you can't say something nice, then don't say something nice.

Posts: 95 | From: Look behind you..... | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Jill
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 5375

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Jill     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks.

I realize that use of the word is increasingly common but here are a couple threads on why that needs to stop: http://www.scarleteen.com/forum/Forum15/HTML/000064.html http://www.scarleteen.com/forum/Forum15/HTML/000249.html

[/off topic]

Posts: 3641 | From: Truckee, CA, US | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nacarter
Neophyte
Member # 12840

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nacarter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm glad to hear that most people on this board received better in-school sex-ed than I ever got.

I first saw "The Miracle of Life", everybody's favourite 1980's Swedish documentary on human reproduction in Grade 6 and then at least once a year until the end of Grade 11. It's the only film on reproduction my school would ever show. I'm glad I had the time and initiative to do my own research!

Posts: 23 | From: Guelph, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Milke
Activist
Member # 961

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Milke     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Don't square dance while you're on your period, and more vital wisdom, courtesy of some old films.

------------------
Milke, with an L, SSBD, RATS, TMNTP, MF

I still love you, oh, I still love you
...Only slightly, only slightly less than I used to

[This message has been edited by Milke (edited 05-05-2003).]

Posts: 5122 | From: I *came* from the land of ice and snow | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tim
Activist
Member # 9649

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
is there anywehre eles you can get sex ed videos?

Posts: 63 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Milke
Activist
Member # 961

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Milke     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Might be.

Why don't *you* do the research this time, and get back to us with your finds?

------------------
Milke, with an L, SSBD, RATS, TMNTP, MF

'We're gonna light up the dark of night like the brightest day in a whole new way . . .'

Posts: 5122 | From: I *came* from the land of ice and snow | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tim
Activist
Member # 9649

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ok nvm mind then

[This message has been edited by Tim (edited 11-25-2003).]

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.