Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex in Media: Books, Magazines, Films, TV & More » ALL CANADIANS... The SUNDAY night sex Show

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: ALL CANADIANS... The SUNDAY night sex Show
celery
Activist
Member # 5594

Icon 14 posted      Profile for celery     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hey all you canadians check out the sunday night sex show.. SUNDAYS at 11:00 pm ET on WTN (channel 27 in toronto) i'ts a great show and very informative and you can call in with questions!!
I watch every Week!!

p.s if you've seen it tell me what you think

[This message has been edited by celery (edited 01-29-2002).]

Posts: 1000 | From: Canada | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dzuunmod
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 226

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dzuunmod     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've never really watched the show on TV, but the host, Sue Johansson (sp?) used to host the show on the radio. Sunday nights, from 8-10, I'd slowly and inconspicuously slink away from my parents, up to my room, and listen to the thing. I grew up on this during junior high school, getting all of my sex ed from it. I think she's pretty top-quality, that woman.

------------------
My God can beat up your God.
-Weights and Measures

Posts: 1515 | From: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DC_WillowFan
Activist
Member # 631

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DC_WillowFan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
do we get that show in Montreal ? and if so, on which channel ?

I'm always interested in sex-related TV shows. Like I watch 3 different shows during a week (all in french) and they're all very interesting.

Thanks !
David

------------------
- I hope I shall be able to confide in you completely, as I have never been able to do in anyone before, and I hope that you will be a great support and comfort to me.

Anne Frank to her journal
(1929-1945)

Posts: 201 | From: Montreal, Qc, Canada | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dzuunmod
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 226

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dzuunmod     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey DC, I get the WTN (Women's Television Network) which airs the program, but only because I have a fancy-shmancy TV set up. To the best of my knowledge, the WTN is only available on regular cable TV if you live on the West Island.

What part of the city do you live in, anyway? I live in Verdun...

------------------
-Weights and Measures

Posts: 1515 | From: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LilBlueSmurf
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LilBlueSmurf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
She was HERE ... in my city ... at our local college. And i missed it. My SO (and only way in) told me that i had to be at least 18 b/c they were serving alcohol there. I have a friend who went and she's 17 just like me. I was not a very happy camper ...

But, she IS coming back ... She comes here three times a school year, so i won't have anything to worry about (and i'll be 18 anyway!)

(Obvioulsy i do watch this show and i absolutely love it. She's my idol )

Posts: 7168 | From: Ontario | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lady Moonlight
Activist
Member # 384

Icon 8 posted      Profile for Lady Moonlight     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Awww. And here in the states we have to make do with the inane and occasionally inaccurate Adam and Dr. Drew on Love Line. I'm so jealous!
Posts: 943 | From: Missouri, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cupcake
Activist
Member # 4356

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cupcake     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Is there any way you guys can post this stuff up, if you know they're coming?

cause i had no idea about any of this, but belleville ain't that far away, i was there in september, and it would be great to hear some of this stuff!

Posts: 433 | From: Canada | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LilBlueSmurf
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LilBlueSmurf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I only know when she's coming from my BF ... But next time she's here, i'll defineatly post something about it okie?

(You are old enough, right?)

Posts: 7168 | From: Ontario | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cupcake
Activist
Member # 4356

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cupcake     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
yup
Posts: 433 | From: Canada | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glitter695
Activist
Member # 1515

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glitter695     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Smurfy, is the drinking age in canada 18? I thought it was 19?

------------------
*~*~12/3/99*~*
Bobaroony & Erica Bearica
<3 love forever!

Monk N Bear~ Best Friends Forever! ~Luv ya babe!

*~*Scarleteen Advocate*~*

One ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. Heather Corinna

Posts: 1978 | From: NY:) | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dzuunmod
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 226

Hey glitter,
In some provinces, like my province of Quebec, it's 18. In others, like Ontario, it's 19.

------------------
-Weights and Measures

cupcake
Activist
Member # 4356

*double post*

[This message has been edited by cupcake (edited 02-03-2002).]

cupcake
Activist
Member # 4356

Yeah see for me, where I live, I can SEE Quebec.
So when you turn 18, you walk over there.
Then when you're 19, you walk down the street.

Kinda sad, actually.

It's wierd here though.
You can vote at 18, you're considered an adult at 18, you lose most of your rights as a child at 18.
But you can't buy cogarettes til you're 19, buy alcohol til you're 19, and you're still in school til you're 19. (but that about to change)

And if you live in Alberta, you can get your learner's license at 14.

[This message has been edited by cupcake (edited 02-03-2002).]

Nataliev
Neophyte
Member # 5946

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nataliev     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As for the Alberta thing, yes, that was the case when I got my learners, but I heard they moved it back up to 16. But if you want to hear something really dumb, I have to drive with a bright neon green N on my back window. (BC! WOO) Meaning new driver, even though I've been driving for 4 years. ah well...

Posts: 23 | From: Victoria, BC, CANADA | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nataliev
Neophyte
Member # 5946

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nataliev     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And PS. The Sunday Night Sex Lady rocks! I saw her in person last year @ my university. You should have seen some of the questions asked!!!

TRUE FACT: Did you know most university student don't get tested for STD's or STI's? There is more disease rolling around this place, especially in the dormitories. SO BE SAFE, AND GET TESTED!! Why spread it more?

Posts: 23 | From: Victoria, BC, CANADA | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aria51
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 653

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aria51     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here in the States, we get the Sunday Night Sex Show on the Oxygen network. Call your local cable or satellite provider.
Posts: 1287 | From: Missouri | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tasha
Activist
Member # 6784

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tasha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Right! I was flipping through channels and I happened to see a sign on the screen saying "Sunday Night Sex Show," and i remembered reading a post about it here at ST, so of course i stopped to watch...the host is great! BTW, it's on on Thursday nights by me...

------------------
If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space!

share your opinion: http://www.geocities.com/tkaterisha/survey.html

Posts: 68 | From: Brooklyn, NY (Ev,IL right now tho) | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rizzo
Activist
Member # 802

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rizzo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I used to listen to Sunday night sex shows on the radio too... But is was a different Sue... Garvey(?), not Johansson. Anyway, I think they're both pretty good.

P.S. cupcake, I know what you mean about being able to see Quebec from where you live. When I lived in Ontario, I could climb the tree in my yard and see the Gatineau Hills...

Posts: 582 | From: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.