Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex in Media: Books, Magazines, Films, TV & More » Sunday Night Sex Show

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Sunday Night Sex Show
celery
Activist
Member # 5594

Icon 1 posted      Profile for celery     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Anyone here watch the sunday night sex show?? i think it only plays in canada but its a really informative show, its hosted by Sue Johanson, this sex educator.
I like the show so much, because people can call in and ask any question, anyways its on every sunday at 11:00 pm on WTN.. in canada anyways!! have fun watching it!

Posts: 1000 | From: Canada | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alaska
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1896

Icon 1 posted      Profile for alaska     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
moving to sex literature & media, okay?

------------------
Caro
~Scarleteen Sexpert~

"Through repetition the magic will be forced to rise."
Alchemical Precept

Posts: 4526 | From: germany | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PoetgirlNY
Activist
Member # 168

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PoetgirlNY     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I finally got to see this show- yay cable, and I was very unimpressed. I think she gave some shaky information, and made some very negative judgements about anal sex to a caller who was asking for advice. Bah.

------------------
You were never no locomotive, Sunflower, you were a sunflower!
-Allen Ginsberg

Posts: 1101 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lucky1402
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 894

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lucky1402     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My (ex)fiance and I used to watch that show practically every weekend. I actually found it interesting to watch, and to hear different callers' inquiries, but I did notice a few slip-ups of bad advice once in a while. A lot of what she said was pretty informative, from what I had the opportunity to hear, but one bout of bad advice that she gave rather irritated me- I can't remember what it was, but it may have been about spermicidal jelly.. Heck, that was over eight months ago!

I have cable (I live in the states), and it's on the Oxygen network late at night sometimes. Sunday, I would assume from the title, but I know they used to show past episodes of it on week nights too.

------------------
~*Scarleteen Advocate

"I hate broccoli. And yet, in a certain sense- I AM broccoli." --The Tick

Posts: 492 | From: Michigan | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
youcancallmepunk
Activist
Member # 11139

Icon 1 posted      Profile for youcancallmepunk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
it's on the oxygen network I believe at 11 p.m or 1 a.m est. std. time.

I watch it if i get the chance. I like her enough, though some of the information is shaky. Have you heard her little ditties at the end about safe sex. They are so unbelievable funny.

"If your going to make a connection, make the selection of using protection." I can't believe i still remember that after 4 months. Hehehe.

Posts: 197 | From: north carolina, United States | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Girl, Interrupted
Activist
Member # 5162

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Girl, Interrupted     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I watch this show every Sunday night, as well as 'The Classic Sex Show' which is on at the same time during the rest of the week.

I consider myself sexually educated, and well some of her information doesn't jive exactly with this site, it isn't all that bad. After all, she is a registered nurse, and a counsellor.

WTN has now changed to Wnetwork. Her show has a small section on the Wnetwork website www.wnetwork.com - just choose 'The Sunday Night Sex Show' from the drop down menu. She has a couple book resource pages, and some other things. The section on the site is small, but it may give an idea of what the show is like, to people who haven't seen it before.

------------------
<3
Lissa

[This message has been edited by Girl, Interrupted (edited 01-05-2003).]

Posts: 62 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Girl, Interrupted
Activist
Member # 5162

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Girl, Interrupted     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just discovered something new tonight - Sue has a new website with TONS of information on it: www.talksexwithsue.com

I thought some of you might be interested.

------------------
<3
Lissa

Posts: 62 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
summergoddess
Activist
Member # 11352

Icon 1 posted      Profile for summergoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, I like this show too

------------------
~Jules

Posts: 369 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
youcancallmepunk
Activist
Member # 11139

Icon 1 posted      Profile for youcancallmepunk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
She has a new show called Hot Stuff, with US callers. I dont' know when it is on but it's on the Oxygen Network.

------------------
~Jay
"I am the sum of my parts and infinitely more so. The hum of my brain, the curve of my torso. The spark of my wit, the depth of my heart. Size is no measure in such a work of art" (from a Hanes Her Way ad)

Posts: 197 | From: north carolina, United States | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dzuunmod
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 226

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dzuunmod     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I finally saw the TV show the other night. I'm quite biased though, because sexually I was raised on her radio show which used to come at me on the rock music station that I listened to some when I was about 12 or 13.

Any sex educator who's been awarded the Order of Canada (this country's highest civilian honour) is okay in my books.

------------------
You can twist his body 'til it faces backwards/Those plastic features/You could make somebody a pretty little wife/But don't let anybody tell you how to live your life.
-Elvis Costello, Tear Off Your Own Head (It's a Doll Revolution)

Posts: 1515 | From: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ThunderCloud16
Activist
Member # 510

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ThunderCloud16     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i have just recently started watching the Sunday Night Sex show since i started having sex. I love it, she gives you such good information.
Posts: 74 | From: Washington | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I started watching Talk Sex with Sue. Great show. I love her candor, and her ability to be so informative with just the right blend of humor and compassion. She's so straightforward. And I gotta admit, when her caller ask something particularly unusual, you can catch her make some odd faces for just a split second. If she didn't react, I'd have guessed her to be a robot. Sue Johansen also reminds me of my epidemiology prof, except my prof was diabolical.

------------------
Q ... E ... D ... bee-yatch!
Love Scarleteen? By donating just $1, you can help keep us around.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bobolink
Activist
Member # 1386

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Bobolink         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
An intersting article about Sue Johanson can be found here:
http://www.macleans.ca/topstories/life/article.jsp?content=20040517_80622_80622

------------------
We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.

- Albert Einstein

Posts: 3442 | From: Stirling, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh no! Sue's ending the show! [Eek!]

--------------------
LA County STD Hotline 1.800.758.0880
Toll free STD and clinic information, and condoms sent to your door for Los Angeles County residents.
1 in 3 sexually active people will be exposed to a STD by the time they turn 24.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hs123
Activist
Member # 35336

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hs123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Aw. My boyfriend and I used to watch her, she's so funny we would crack up and then my parents would come in and we'd change the channel.
She's great.

Posts: 401 | From: USA | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.