Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex in Media: Books, Magazines, Films, TV & More » Dancer in the Dark

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Dancer in the Dark
smittenkitten
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 2297

Icon 1 posted      Profile for smittenkitten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just wondering if anyone saw "dancer in the dark" with Bjork in it. I did and I loved it! Anyone want to share their opinions on this film? I bawled my eyes out at the end.

gillians_gal

------------------
..because being evil is soo much more fun..
~dark queen of scully's non-existant social life~

Member of OBSSE & GAWS

"True friends are like diamonds, precious and rare, false friends are like autumn leaves, blowing everywhere"

Posts: 465 | From: Canberra, ACT, Australia | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I saw Dancer. it was beautiful, and Bjork's character frustrated me to no end (she played Selma so well!). But I liked "Requiem for a Dream" better.

------------------
Kill your TV! And while you're at it, your mobile phone, too.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PoetgirlNY
Activist
Member # 168

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PoetgirlNY     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I looooooved that movie. It was very movie, I was crying so hard at the end too. I also liked it because it made me restart my thinking about how anti-death penalty I am. Oy, that made no sense . . . way too late.

------------------
Limes Are Sublime

Posts: 1101 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lady Moonlight
Activist
Member # 384

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lady Moonlight     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The blurb in my local art theater's flyer gave me no idea just how sad it was going to be. I had no kleenex on me and ended up a soggy mess, finally borrowing my date's handkerchief. And let me tell you, I am not one of those folks who just looks pale and tragic when she cries. We're talking red blotchy face, swollen eyes, runny nose--the works. I'm glad I didn't have a mirror.

So all in all--it was great!

------------------
And I've got no illusions about you.
Guess what? I never did.
When I said, when I said, "I'll take it."
I meant, I meant As Is.
--Ani DiFranco, "As Is"

Posts: 943 | From: Missouri, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
i am a cat
Neophyte
Member # 13784

Icon 1 posted      Profile for i am a cat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is a beautiful film. I've only seen it a handful of times because every time I watch it, it has the tendency to make me a bit morose for the rest of the day. It is a movie I like to share with people, though, because it is so powerful. I've watched it with two separate friends and they were both in awe.

Jeff is my favorite character.

------------------
"Why should I have to be a skinny pencil?
I'd rather be a happy magic marker."

- Natalie on "Facts of Life"

Posts: 38 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.