Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » I don't seem to enjoy sex

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I don't seem to enjoy sex
chrisS94
Neophyte
Member # 96215

Icon 11 posted      Profile for chrisS94     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm a 19 year old girl and I'm in relationship with a great guy. we've had sex three or four times but I'v never gotten much sexual satisfaction. Even though I have no problem reaching an orgasm when I masturbate I'v never been able to reach an orgasm with him. Though there are these little moments that I feel amazing most of the time I find my self just laying there without getting any sexual satisfaction. and he does everything to please me. he isn't selfish or anything. and I do feel happy just not satisfied.
its not that I don't like sex. when I think about being with him and doing things or when I play back an evening I spent with him I find my self extremely aroused. but when it comes to having sex most of the time I feel nothing.
I worry that there might be something wrong with me or that I'm doing it all wrong. if someone could please help me out I'd be very thankful

Posts: 8 | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Redskies
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 79774

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Redskies     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
When you say "sex" here, are you meaning all kinds of sex - for example, are you also having manual sex and/or oral sex with him and mostly feeling nothing - or are you meaning intercourse?

--------------------
The kyriarchy usually assumes that I am the kind of woman of whom it would approve. I have a peculiar kind of fun showing it just how much I am not.

Posts: 1786 | From: Europe | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
chrisS94
Neophyte
Member # 96215

Icon 1 posted      Profile for chrisS94     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I mean all kinds of sex. manual, oral and intercourse
Posts: 8 | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Okay.

So, is there a point, when you two are being physical together, where you go from being excited and having things - even things like just kissing, for example - feel really good to them feeling blah?

If so, can you fill us in a bit on that and what feels like is going on for you, emotionally or physically, when that happens?

Also, is this your only partner so far?

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
chrisS94
Neophyte
Member # 96215

Icon 1 posted      Profile for chrisS94     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
yes.That's exactly how I feel. one second it feels amazing and then the next it's gone and I don't even feel aroused. just feels like what ever.

I really want to enjoy it. In my mind I'm thinking "come on just enjoy it.this is supposed to feel amazing". But my body just doesn't seem to be in to it. I don't find any pleasure in what we are doing.

I know its wrong but sometimes I find my self staring off in to space, just waiting for him to finish. and its not because I don't want it but because I just don't feel anything.

I'v been with a guy before. I had manual and oral sex but I didn't go all the way with him. Even with him it wasn't exactly mind blowing but it wasn't as bad as this

Heather
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Do you think it is possible you just do not connect with this person in this way?

--------------------
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
chrisS94
Neophyte
Member # 96215

I started to wonder that.But really like him. so I don't want that to be the problem. But since he's the only guy I'v been with I can't be sure.

Isn't it possible that with time things might get better? as in when I gain more experience? is there anything I could do that would help me?

also, apart from me not liking him that way could there be any other reason for this? health reasons perhaps. I'v read that some girls just don't like it. But I do. I get aroused and find my self really wanting it. I just want to be able to enjoy it when I'm actually having sex

Heather
Member # 3

I think making this bigger, about maybe just not liking being sexual with others, is a pretty giant leap to take having been with just one or two partners.

By all means, though, there are still some things to try with this guy first.

For starters, no more going through the motions when things are not feeling good to you. That is not going to help you out. You need to say something when things don't feel good, and ask to try something that you think might, be that making adjustments with a given activity, or switching up to something else.

Are you also telling and showing him what you know you like from your own masturbation? What feels good with sex with someone else is something we learn. It is rarely instant. So, you two are new to each other, which means it may just take more time, but communication has to be happening during that time, too.

[ 03-23-2014, 10:31 AM: Message edited by: Heather ]

--------------------
About Me Get our book!

chrisS94
Neophyte
Member # 96215

I guess I'v been too shy to tell him but next time I will. I'll be more communicative with him and hopefully things will get better.

Thank you for your advice. I truly appreciate it [Smile]

Heather
Member # 3

Happy to help. [Smile]

I find that a good guideline for pacing sex with a new partner is that if you do not feel comfortable talking about something yet, it probably is too soon to do that thing.

In other words, if you set a pace where you are only doing things you have first developed enough trust and comfort together to talk about first, you are probably at about the right pace. [Smile]

--------------------
About Me Get our book!

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.