Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » Implantation Bleeding vs. Menstrual period

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Implantation Bleeding vs. Menstrual period
TheSassy2005
Neophyte
Member # 109109

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TheSassy2005     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi [Smile] i had a quick question and wanted to be more informed. What exactly is the actual difference between implantation bleeding and a regular menstrual period?
I went to other websites where people said the symptoms of each were similar so that confused me and I wanted to be informed so I figured scarleteen would be the better place to ask this.

Thanks in advance [Smile]

Posts: 18 | Registered: Dec 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Implantation bleeding, when it happens - and it only happens in about a third of all pregnancies - is quite light, generally just spotting and only lasts a day or so. What is most common with pregnancy is a total lack of any bleeding. A good general rule is that if it looks like your periods usually look, feels like they usually feel, and shows up around the right time, then it's your period.

--------------------
"Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing." -Arundhati Roy

Posts: 5655 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheSassy2005
Neophyte
Member # 109109

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TheSassy2005     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh ok thanks [Smile] i was only asking because my last period in December was weird and it wasn't like it normally was but it did last a week. It also showed up around the general time, and i had the usual symptoms (cramps, bloating, and fatigue).

Thanks again for putting my mind at ease. [Smile]

Posts: 18 | Registered: Dec 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Glad to help. [Smile]

--------------------
"Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing." -Arundhati Roy

Posts: 5655 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.