Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » horrible feeling after sexual activity

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: horrible feeling after sexual activity
Alzoblossomxx
Neophyte
Member # 107538

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alzoblossomxx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, well basically my boyfriend and I have been doing "things" if you get me, not intercourse but pretty much everything else: oral sex, manual sex etc. And it hasn't been for that long, 4 months at the most maybe.. However, recently we've started doing these things a lot more frequently.
We went on holiday together with my family and we did things together very frequently, and I felt fine then afterwards. I enjoy it before and during and usually afterwards until recently. We came home 2 weeks ago and since then, everytime we take part in these things, I get a weird feeling right after. I can't explain it, it's just not a good feeling is all I know. And I'll look at my boyfriend and I'll feel differently about us..
For a long time, after we did anything, my boyfriend would be sort of cold towards me for a while and I've told him this bugs me. He didn't realise he did it, and has promised to try not to do it anymore, so afterwards we just cuddle and talk now. But still, I get this weird feeling.
I told my boyfriend and he's ok with stopping doing anything until I feel more comfortable but I don't want to stop really - I enjoy it.
What do you think this feeling could be??

Posts: 15 | Registered: May 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Alzoblossomxx,

Can you describe the feeling a little bit more? I know you're voicing having trouble describing it and that it's just not a good feeling.

Is it a physical feeling, a mental feeling, or both? When you say you feel differently about you and your boyfriend, what do you mean?

Do you get this feeling after all sexual or romantic activities or just after some specific ones?

Is anything new and different in general? What I mean is, has anything changed in your life? Are you feeling not-good about other things, having stress or worry, and so on?

How long has it been since you and your boyfriend changed how you do things after sexual activities (made sure you cuddle and talk afterwards) so you're feeling more connected with him?

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alzoblossomxx
Neophyte
Member # 107538

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alzoblossomxx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Robin,
It's a mental feeling, I feel kind of just "not right" emotionally after we do any sexual activity.
Not really, I'm feeling pretty good about everything recently. I am quite an emotional person at the best of times anyway..
hmmm about 3 weeks maybe since we changed things a little

Posts: 15 | Registered: May 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So, do you think you're still worried that your boyfriend will be cold to you, even though you know that he wasn't intending to be and is willing to change things to help you feel better about it?

Sometimes, it can take a while for a person's emotions to catch up to their thoughts. In other words, you objectively know that you and your boyfriend are working to make sure that your after-sex time works for both of you, but emotionally you may still be feeling discomfort, especially if you were worried for a while about what you perceived as coldness.

I think it is sound for you two to take a break from the sexual activities that have been leaving you feeling not-good, and it sounds like your boyfriend is on board with this.

How are you feeling after less sexual affectionate activities (such as kissing, hugging, snuggling)

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alzoblossomxx
Neophyte
Member # 107538

I always feel good after kissing and hugging etc, i feel close to my boyfriend and i feel happy! I suppose you're right actually cause afterwards I felt kind of used and horrible so I suppose it's cause I'm used t him being kind of "cold"
right, you're right I think, thanks Robin [Smile]

Robin Lee
Member # 90293

You're welcome. I think it can sometimes be hard for folks to remember that it's always okay to take a break from doing a sexual activity even if one has already been doing it.

Sounds like taking a break here from the things that are making you feel icky is just the thing.

--------------------
Robin

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.