Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » Nocturnal Emissions

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Nocturnal Emissions
Pilgrim White
Neophyte
Member # 107563

Icon 11 posted      Profile for Pilgrim White     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My partner and I are very sexually active university students but ever since she went home for summer, I have been having nocturnal emissions; twice in the past week. I'm an adult and can handle it, but it was especially disruptive when it happened while at a retreat during a nap I took on my free time. It totally ruined my mood the entire rest of the day and since I was living off a very limited wardrobe it also reduced my wardrobe choices to one pair of pants.

I haven't had nocturnal emissions this frequently before, so I'm kind wondering if it will decrease as more time passes or if I will need to become accustomed to this new frequency of nocturnal emissions when I'm not having sex with my partner? Is there anything I can do to reduce the frequency?

--------------------
On a journey for justice...

Posts: 5 | Registered: May 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
That Strange CT child
Activist
Member # 104246

Icon 1 posted      Profile for That Strange CT child     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I find the change of season causes more frequent emissions, i wouldnt worry too much
In a few weeks it will subside again

--------------------
It is my hope that what i ask here is answered for me and anyone else afraid to ask the same question :)

Posts: 133 | From: Connecticut | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pilgrim White
Neophyte
Member # 107563

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pilgrim White     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, I mean this isn't my first rodeo, but I wasn't sure if there was a correlation between the sudden absence of sexual activity and the sudden increase of nocturnal emissions. I don't know, I guess I felt caught off guard and it's always kind of annoying.

--------------------
On a journey for justice...

Posts: 5 | Registered: May 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Pilgrim,

I can certainly understand this being annoying. It's really not a sign that anything is wrong with you.

The wonderful, and sometimes frustrating, thing about bodies is that they're quite capable of doing something new and different to surprise us.

I really don't know that there's anything you can do to reduce the occurrence of nocturnal emissions. The fact that you've been having them also doesn't mean that they'll continue. They might disappear as suddenly as they appear.

I know this isn't necessarily very helpful, but, as I said, bodies are unpredictable.

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.