Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » Urgent Question !!!! PLEASE

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Urgent Question !!!! PLEASE
suli150
Neophyte
Member # 96261

Icon 4 posted      Profile for suli150     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi everybody!! I was browsing the site and I found something really interesting, in the article a cornucopia of Can I get pregnant if ? After the girls who posted about being kissed It says that fingering can pose a risk of pregnancy, it says that if a partner has fresh semen there could be a potential risk, I have seen how you answer questions about pregnancy resulting from fingering and all of them your answer is no, I would like to know the facts for sure because fingering is something I practice, (we all wash our hands and use latex sometimes when we have cuts) and have learned from you guys before it isn't a risky activity,but I felt confused by reading those articles, can someone help me through this ? Im really confused.
Posts: 16 | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The reason we say no is when people come here, they're not saying their partner took a finger full of fresh semen and put it inside a vagina.

because really, that's the situation where there could be some actual risk, and even then, then risk would be low.

The situations we tend to get are much more like, "I gave him a handjob, he wiped his hands on his pants, we kissed, later he fingered me...." et cetera.

It sounds pretty clearly this isn't something you have to worry about, and extra bonus for you, everyone handwashing means you have to also worry a lot less about BV and UTIs, which are the real issues that tend to be issues when people don't wash their hands before manual sex.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
suli150
Neophyte
Member # 96261

Icon 1 posted      Profile for suli150     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks heather ! I see what you meant now!! It really helps a lot, as I said in other post here where I live everyone is so conservative and it is nice to have you guys around, Thank you for clarifying [Big Grin]
Posts: 16 | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Of course, happy to do so. [Smile]

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
foreverbroken
Activist
Member # 96418

Icon 1 posted      Profile for foreverbroken         Edit/Delete Post 
is BV bactirial virus?

--------------------
Im always abandond

Posts: 363 | Registered: Aug 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's The STI Files: Bacterial Vaginosis

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.