Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » Best lubes and condoms

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Best lubes and condoms
Hatsworth
Activist
Member # 49215

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hatsworth     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've tried searching for articles and threads for good ones or lists of good ones but I can't seem to find any. Any lubes or condoms that people recommend (mostly lubes)? I googled it and it seems AstroGlide is the best lube? and I've been using Durex for condoms and they're pretty good. Thoughts?
Posts: 47 | From: Canada | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is one of those things that really comes down to personal preference (as well as what's available in your area or what you can get online, if that's an option). Astroglide is popular, definitely, and pretty easy to find, but there are a lot of good ones out there and it's a matter of figuring out what you prefer. [Smile]

As far as condoms go, the same thing applies: everyone has slightly different preferences, and a bit of experimentation is needed to figure out which ones you like best. Sometimes you can find sample packs that contain a bunch of different ones, which is a good way to get an idea of your favourites without buying whole boxes of several different brands.

--------------------
"Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing." -Arundhati Roy

Posts: 5655 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glittagirl89
Neophyte
Member # 96420

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glittagirl89     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Personally, I do not like the effects of birth control on my body. Therefore, I have shopped around and compared many condoms. The popular ones:
Trojan: Very thick material and the lube smells terrible
Durex: Small for the men, it should fit snugly not cut off their circulation and should cover their penis. Besides that, not too thick and not too smelly.
FAB CONDOM: Crown, thin and water-based lubricant. The best!! And only kind I use. I order them offline, so much cheaper than buying condoms at 7-11 or CVS. (condomdepot.com)

Posts: 1 | From: London | Registered: Aug 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hatsworth
Activist
Member # 49215

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hatsworth     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd like to try a variety pack for condoms but I never know where to get them? I never seen any at walmart or shoppers drug mart or anything. I'm a bit young so I wouldn't buy online [Frown]

Any few different lubes I should try other than Astroglide?

Posts: 47 | From: Canada | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
copper86
Peer Ambassador
Member # 95710

Icon 1 posted      Profile for copper86     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, Hatsworth. I also live in Canada, and I purchased condoms at my local Shoppers Drug Mart. I bought the Trojan: Naked Sensations condoms. However, I did see a package of condoms of the same brand but with different types (hot/cold, flavoured, and another type or two). They're usually in the "Family Planning" aisle of Shoppers Drugs Mart. You don't need to be a certain age to buy condoms, so don't worry about that. [Smile]

I'm honestly not well-versed with lubricants, but as a volunteer suggested to me on this site, you can go online and check out user reviews and product information on the different types of condoms and lubricants. I think I saw some lube at Shoppers, but I'm not positive. It might be embarrassing, but you can always ask where the condoms are within the stores (usually, they would be in the pharamacy department, I would assume). I once asked a pharmacist her opinion on which of the two types of condom boxes I had was safer; so if I can do that and be a little uncomfortable, I am sure you can try looking! I agree that it's a little uncomfortable, but having them on hand is well worth it! Good luck! [Smile]

--------------------
"I do the best that I can. I'm just what I am." - Rush (Best I Can)

Posts: 692 | From: Canada | Registered: May 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
superstars
Neophyte
Member # 96428

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superstars     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Condoms is down to personal preference for me I like Skins Ultra thins and Mates Skyns are good I also like Pasante Sensiva Condoms, Pasante Unique Condoms, Real OKAMOTO Super Thin Condoms, Crown Super Thins
Posts: 12 | From: UK | Registered: Aug 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.