Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » Crying during sex

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Crying during sex
Gabby14
Neophyte
Member # 96316

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gabby14     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My boyfriend and I have been daing for a little over 2 years, we do everything together and I feel 100% comfortable around him. We have had sex many times but I have never been sexually stimulated during vaginal sex and have never experienced an orgasm, this strains our sex life and really upsets me. The last time we had sex I started crying, I was so embarrassed and upset that I couldn't orgasm. He stopped and comforted me but I told him to finish up because it wouldn't be fair to him if we stopped in the middle of it. He came (in a condom) and it was over. He comforted me and told me we didn't have to have sex if I wasn't comfortable. But I am comfortable I get so horny and I want to have sex with him so bad but it just doesn't feel good. I'm only 16 and my mom said I can't orgasm because I'm so young. What can I do to help
Posts: 2 | From: Ohio | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
naplement
Activist
Member # 46362

Icon 1 posted      Profile for naplement     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A basic question: do you do other kinds of sex besides intercourse, and how do you feel during that? The majority of women can't come from intercourse alone (without added clit stimulation), so I don't see anything strange there... Also, the idea that our bodies have to perform up to these strict and unrealistic rules, otherwise they fail at being female (?) is so unfair for us.

Orgasms shouldn't be like a test. But I totally understand where you got the idea from. [Frown]

So, I get that intercourse in itself is not working that well. What works? Do you masturbate? How does that go? How do other kinds of sex feel to you, besides intercourse?

Also, it's nice that you have a mum who can accept the fact that you have sex, and I remember reading that (maybe) orgasms tend to get stronger with time, but it's also about confidence, not just the biology, and also is not a hard-set rule. There are plenty of young women managing to get orgasms.

Posts: 124 | From: hungary | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HI Gabby14 and welcome to Scarleteen.

First of all, as naplement said, it's not actually very common for women to orgasm through vaginal intercourse alone. There aren't a lot of nerve endings beyond the first two inches inside the vaginal opening and intercourse tends not to be able to provide the type of stimulation that most women find give them sexual pleasure. This is a biological thing; there is nothing whatsoever wrong with you.

There is also nothing wrong with you needing to stop during intercourse for any reason, be it emotional upset, physical discomfort, or something else. There are always options for both partners to fill their own or eah other's needs in other ways if they have to stop in the middle of doing *any* sexual activity. It's very generous of you to want to make sure your boyfriend is sexually satisfied, but it sounds to me like what *you* needed at that point was to stop and to be comforted. It's absolutely okay for you to put your own needs first sometimes, okay?

Have you ever had an orgasm through other sexual activity, either on your own or with your partner? I'm glad that you can talk to your Mom about this, and while many people do find that their sexual experiences grow and change over time, your age alone isn't a reason that you aren't having orgasms. This isn't to say that there's something wrong with you, only that orgasm is something possible for you.
I'm going to give you some links to some articles from our site; they'll explain in greater detail why many women don't orgasm from vaginal intercourse alone, and will talk more generally about sexual pleasure and anatomy. I hope that you will take the time to read a few of these. WE can discuss any of this in greater detail and we're always open to questions. [Smile]

Innies & Outies: The Vagina, Clitoris, Uterus and More

Sexual Response & Orgasm: A Users Guide

With Pleasure: A View of Whole Sexual Anatomy for Every Body

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.