Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » What's Better Canestan or Monistat?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What's Better Canestan or Monistat?
vinney91
Neophyte
Member # 96309

Icon 1 posted      Profile for vinney91     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi, I was hoping you guys could help me, I was diagnosed by my doctor with yeast infection and he prescribed me Clotrimazole cream for the external v aginal dryness and itchines and Diflucan to be taken orally. I heard neither of these really get rid of the yeast infection and wanted to try Canestan or Monistat. What's worked best for you guys?

--------------------
vinney91

Posts: 1 | From: Neverland | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Atonement
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 42492

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Atonement     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've used all on different occasions except for Canestan and they've all worked well. Diflucan was actually the quickest, plus you don't have to deal with the cream/suppositories oozing out of you during the night.

If it were me, I would stick with what the doctor prescribed you. Diflucan is stronger than what you find OTC, so if s/he prescribed it to you, s/he probably thought it was the best option.

Posts: 444 | From: United States | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I would stick with what the doctor prescribed you, honestly. Diflucan is exceptionally effective at treating yeast infections, and Clotrimazole is very similar to Canesten or Monistat. I don't know where you heard that those medications would work, but that's not the case, and there's no need to add a third medication to the mix.

--------------------
"Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing." -Arundhati Roy

Posts: 5799 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.