Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » So Much Pain and Discomfort.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: So Much Pain and Discomfort.
Alergnon
Activist
Member # 93204

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alergnon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm in so much discomfort and pain, it's really ridicules. I don't have any pain medication and I'm strictly against me taking any over the counter drugs for pain management, in less it's prescribed to me in small quantities.

Okay so last night I had went to the hospital due to this constant pain and throbbing pain in my right back and stomach area. They did a urine testing and a pelvic exam. I almost want to go back to the hospital, it's just it's getting hard to manage the pain and discomfort. They found an infection in my urine, and now I'm taking Apo-Doxy 100mg for a week twice daily. I know I just started it and should give it a change to work, I hate pain, pain that I can not handle bugs me the most.

They did testing on me and I have to go back tomorrow to find out the results of the tests. But, they never said anything about the pregnancy test on me or at least I don't recall them telling me. My breasts kill as well, I've never had breast pain before, I've had slight breast pain but it wasn't like days, it was mild and went away a few minutes after it started, this pain is staying like the pain my stomach and back. I have never had a infection in my urine before, I've been misdiagnosed for a urine infection but it was something totally different that mimicked it that was years ago. Odd thing they never told me what infection it was. From what the Pharmacy said, it has to do with inflammation of the vaginal area or something.

I know no one is medical professionals, maybe if I understood this better it would help. I'm going to go to bed and hope for the best tomorrow when I find out my test results.

Posts: 517 | From: Canada | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am sorry you are in so much pain, Alergnon.

You are right, there is not much we can tell you, since we are not doctors. But since you are going back again tomorrow, you can ask them about pain management then, and also ask any other questions you might have (such as about your breast pain, or the pregnancy test).

You can also ask them to explain to you what kind of an infection this is. From what you say, it sounds like you were diagnosed with a urinary tract infection, but if you are not sure and would like some more information, your doctor is the person to ask.

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.