Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » anal sex

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: anal sex
kamille
Activist
Member # 42270

Icon 5 posted      Profile for kamille         Edit/Delete Post 
Hi,

After a night of drinking, I had sex using a condom with a friend. After he had ejaculated and took the condom off, we continued to make out and touch one another. Then we had anal sex and I bled. A lot. We didn't use lubricant and it was my first time having it. What can I do to ensure that my anus heals quickly? Would you suggest taking Plan B? I don't know if he ejaculated after the anal sex, but I know it wasn't inside of me.

Posts: 125 | From: Canada | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Saffron Raymie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 49582

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Saffron Raymie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Anal sex always carries a low risk of pregnancy, so if you don't feel okay with having a low risk, Plan B can reduce that risk.

Anal sex also presents STI risks, so it's best to be fully tested.

If you're having any pain, or still bleeding at all, I'd get to a doctor a.s.a.p (don't worry about telling the doctor you've had anal intercourse, any professional doctor will have heard these things a million times before and won't bat an eyelid). Apart from that, refraining from any more anal play for a little while and being very gentle with yourself - getting plenty of rest and drinking plenty of water - will help any mirco tears inside your anus to heal.

How are you feeling about this, emotionally?

--------------------
'Obtain the virgin's consent before you marry her' - Prophet Mohammad (pbuh)

Posts: 1285 | From: England | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kamille
Activist
Member # 42270

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kamille         Edit/Delete Post 
When would you suggest that I go get tested? The last time I was tested would probably be 6 months ago after my last partner.

As per the Plan B -- we had sex with a condom, then he took it off and after a little fooling around we had anal sex. So what I'd be worried about here is residual semen. He didn't come during the anal.

I'm not bleeding anymore, however, when I had a bowel movement yesterday afternoon I did bleed a little. I haven't been to the bathroom since then. I think that I'll talk to the doctor about it when I go get a check up and tests.

Emotionally, I felt pretty okay about it. Then when I was at work yesterday I started to get really anxious and felt sick. I remember that when my partner noticed the blood he kind of freaked out and I went to go wash it off, and then he went to go wash himself off and then when we were both back in bed he wasn't being totally coherent (English isn't his first language), and when I asked him what was wrong he just shook his head and said something about the blood like I made you bleed or that he was bleeding or something.

I'm not really sure what to say at the moment. I would like to talk to my partner about it, to see how he's doing emotionally, but I'm not sure how to bring it up or what to say. We had both decided that it was a slip in our judgement to have anal sex that night. I'd just like to make sure he's not feeling any guilt or shame etc.

[ 06-17-2012, 03:26 PM: Message edited by: kamille ]

Posts: 125 | From: Canada | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
HI kamille,

It's good to hear that the bleeding has stopped, though not surprising that there was a little bit of bleeding after your bowel movement. The anal tissues are pretty delicate and do take time to heal after a tear. If you do want to try anal sex again, using lots of lube and making sure you go slowly will usually prevent that kind of tearing.

With discussing sexual issues with a partner, it's often helpful to start the conversation at a time when yu're not engaging in, or planning to engage in, sexual activity. It's also helpful to have these kinds of discussions when you're alone together and can be reasonably sure that you're not going to be interrupted.

You might find the information in this article helpful in terms of how to have a conversation about sex.

Be a Blabbermouth! The Whats, Whys and Hows of Talking About Sex With a Partner

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kamille
Activist
Member # 42270

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kamille         Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, so when would be a good time to go for a check up/tests? And I'm currently on the 21st day of my cycle - I usually get my period every 35 days. I guess it's now been about three days since the event.

[ 06-18-2012, 01:28 PM: Message edited by: kamille ]

Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
STI testing can be done any time, though SOME STIs don't show up right away, sometimes taking as long as 90 days to show up. So, if you haven't been tested recently, it's probably a good idea to go get tested soon, then retest in about three months time.

A pregnancy test can be considered accurate 14 or more days after the risk occurred.

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.