Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » Testing?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Testing?
lizzylala17
Activist
Member # 79128

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lizzylala17         Edit/Delete Post 
On May 12th, I got my period. Me and my boyfriend had anal sex the first day I got it, and he did not ejaculate. When I posted the question on here, I was told it could be a pregnancy risk, so I've been worrying myself sick. It would be hard for me to get a pregnancy test and I don't know how much longer I can wait to get my period, seeing as it can be a little irregular. I think I've been PMSing lately, because I've been bloated, hungry, and cranky, but these are also signs of pregnancy. But I normally go through those same symptoms when I'm about to start my period. I'm literally worried sick, and I'm stressed 24/7. Honestly, I really don't know what do to from here. If I managed to get a hold of a test, could I take it now? Or should I wait until my period is due?
Posts: 45 | From: Lousiana | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, if your last period was on the 12th, then you're probably not expecting it for another week at least, right?

I'd also add that this early into a pregnancy, were there one, the most common "symptoms" would be no symptoms at all. Things like bloating, big changes in appetite and mood: those aren't things that tend to happen so soon, certainly rarely, so rarely, before a missed period even happens.

So, if this feels a lot like the PMS you're used to, chances are awfully good that's exactly what it is.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lizzylala17
Activist
Member # 79128

I have gained a little weight, but I didn't really think anything of that since I've been eating a lot of fast food lately. I just Googled a lot of things, and I guess when you're scared about pregnancy Google isn't your friend! So you think it's just PMS? Sorry if I'm bothering you!
Posts: 45 | From: Lousiana | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, random info from anyone and everyone is rarely a helpful thing, period. [Smile]

If it feels like PMS you are used to, that is probably what it is, honestly. That doesn't necessarily mean you're not pregnant, I was just saying that having THOSE things be about pregnancy this soon in the game is not at all likely. It's much more likely they are about an impending period which, of course, would mean you're not pregnant.

While you wait to test, is there someone you can lean on for some extra support to get you though? How about your boyfriend?

--------------------
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lizzylala17
Activist
Member # 79128

Yeah, he's definately been there for me. Just thinking that I might could be pregnant is what's scaring me so bad. It's very hard to deal with and stressing more could make my period be late.
Heather
Member # 3

Would you feel better if we talked you through the what-ifs of if a pregnancy DID happen?

I ask because pregnancy certainly doesn't have to be the end of the world, most people have a lot of options with it, and sometimes talking about those can help get someone out of whatever worst-case scenario they've got their head stuck in.

--------------------
About Me Get our book!

lizzylala17
Activist
Member # 79128

It would be the end of the world for me, my mom would kill me, I couldn't finish school, and I can't afford an abortion.
Heather
Member # 3

Well, there are funding sources for abortion here in the states, and ways to raise money for one you might not have thought of. So, there's that.

As well, there are also ways for someone who has become pregnant to finish their education, and intervention services for families where a young person has become pregnant to prevent abuse to those people from family members.

--------------------
About Me Get our book!

lizzylala17
Activist
Member # 79128

I just really hope it doesn't come to that, and I really hope it's PMS like you said you suspect.
Heather
Member # 3

Well, know that if it did, we'd be happy to talk you through all of your options, and help you through whatever steps you chose and needed as much as we can.

But again, if you are experiencing things you have before as PMS, it really is most likely that's what it is, which means your period is probably on its way, and the stork stayed home this time. [Smile]

--------------------
About Me Get our book!

lizzylala17
Activist
Member # 79128

I'm getting my boyfriend to buy a test for me, and I'm going to take it when I see him Thursday on the 7th. What test will be accurate 5 days before I'm due for my period?
lizzylala17
Activist
Member # 79128

I went to use the bathroom this morning and noticed a tiny speck of brownish blood when I wiped and on my underwear (sorry if this is TMI) so it's not a lot of blood, but my back was hurting a bit, and my back is always hurting when I start my period. So you think this is a good sign? My boyfriend may be bringing me a test today, just to make sure.
Heather
Member # 3

No worries, we're all mellow about talking about body fluids here.

And, with the PMS symptoms and now the spotting, seems mighty likely your period is en route.

--------------------
About Me Get our book!

lizzylala17
Activist
Member # 79128

Thank you for all of your help [Smile] This site is so informative and friendly!
Heather
Member # 3

Happy to help, and that's our aim! [Smile]

--------------------
About Me Get our book!

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.