Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » Anal Sex on Your Period

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Anal Sex on Your Period
sweet_thing
Activist
Member # 52326

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sweet_thing     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
How safe is it to have anal sex while on your period? I'm on the pill and my bf and I are both STI free, so those aren't much of a problem. I'm more wondering if any physical damage could be caused. If I wore a tampon, would penetration effect it at all, make it fall out, etc.? Would it effect the sensation for myself and my partner, or is it small enough not to be felt? I've heard of other women having anal sex while on their period, I just don't really know how to go about doing it myself/if it's safe to do.

Thanks!

Posts: 55 | From: USA | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There really shouldn't be anything to worry about with this. So long as you do what one would do for safe anal sex--use lots of lubricant, go slowly, and stop if there's a problem--everything should be fine. If there's a problem you'll know and can adjust accordingly.

Your vaginal muscles will still hold the tampon in.

Using a condom for anal sex even when STI transmission isn't a concern is often a good idea. The anal tissue is delicate and sometimes prone to micro-abrasions which can pick up the germs and bacteria that naturally live on people's bodies.

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.