Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » Please help with my questions about pregnancy and pills.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Please help with my questions about pregnancy and pills.
Ransu
Activist
Member # 80039

Icon 8 posted      Profile for Ransu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What are the chances of pregnancy from cumming on the vagina, or cum leaked from the anus to the vagina?
I know that the possibilities are present, but its highly unlikely?

Also, does stopping birth control pill gives you food cravings?

My girlfriend and I had anal sex 5 weeks ago and I believe cum dripped onto her vagina.
She stopped taking pills for 1 month when it happened.
2 weeks after intercourse, she started her new pack of pills.
3 weeks later, which is today, she started to have minor cramps a week ago on and off throughout the day but no other symptoms of period.
Could that be her period, or pregnant?

Posts: 67 | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Unprotected anal sex does pose a pregnancy risk. The risk is lower than for unprotected vaginal intercourse, but I wouldn't call it unlikely.

When someone is on birth control pills, they will get their period (which is called a withdrawal bleed when someone is on the pill) when they start taking the placebo pills.

Because your girlfriend was not on birth control and no other protection was used, we do suggest that she take a pregnancy test. Mind, you can pass that information along to her but it's completely up to her what she decides to do. She's more than welcome to come here and chat with us if she has concerns.

What do you think of chatting about using protection for anal sex? Unprotected anal sex poses STI (sexually transmitted infection) risks, as well as general irritation and infection possibilities. Condoms are your friend for anal sex.

Thoughts? More questions?

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ransu
Activist
Member # 80039

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ransu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My situation are sort of a "pregnancy without penetration" question... Its not likely to happen, right?
Sperm needs the thrust from the ejaculation to push them deep inside the vagina to have a higher rate of pregnancy.

Posts: 67 | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Any direct contact between a girl's bare genitals and a guy's bare genitals can pose a pregnancy risk.

Can you take a look at these articles? The first topic in this article addresses your question specifically.

Misconception Mayhem: Separating Pregnancy and Pregnancy Risk Myths from Facts

This article talks in greater depth about what is and is not a pregnancy risk.

Pregnancy Scared?

And this one talks about anal sex specifically.

Anal Sex Lowdown

With anal sex, the semen is close enough for direct transfer to the vagina.

[ 05-06-2012, 10:00 AM: Message edited by: Robin Lee ]

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizzy319
Neophyte
Member # 95748

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elizzy319     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Okay so I'm 14 and my boyfriend is 15 and we have been dating for 8 months and we were doing things and he wanted to try and go all the way so he got inside a little and I made him stop it hurt so bad. Does that mean I'm not a virgin? And if he had precummed bc of things we did before we attempted this could I be pregnant ?

--------------------
Idk

Posts: 3 | From: Ohio | Registered: May 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizzy319
Neophyte
Member # 95748

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elizzy319     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Okay so I'm 14 and my boyfriend is 15 and we have been dating for 8 months and we were doing things and he wanted to try and go all the way so he got inside a little and I made him stop it hurt so bad. Does that mean I'm not a virgin? And if he had precummed bc of things we did before we attempted this could I be pregnant ?

--------------------
Idk

Posts: 3 | From: Ohio | Registered: May 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ransu
Activist
Member # 80039

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ransu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Please answer our questions.

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.