Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » Vaginal Sex

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Vaginal Sex
Roxie102
Peer Ambassador
Member # 72015

Icon 8 posted      Profile for Roxie102     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think I may have a relatively uncommon problem. I've been masturbating for years and can very easily orgasm from clitoral stimulation. I do it almost daily, even. But when I try penetration - fingering or with a dildo (I haven't yet had intercourse) - the sensation is way too intense, and I have to stop before even getting close to orgasm. Now don't get me wrong, I love the feeling, but it's just too much for me to handle after a short while. This happens when I'm by myself or with a partner. It goes against what I've always heard about penetration because I've heard women don't typically get much feeling from vaginal sex alone. The feeling is so intense that if I'm stimulating my clitoris and vagina at the same time, the vaginal feeling sort of drowns out any feeling in my clit. I would like to be able to orgasm from penetration, but I always thought it was hard for women because of lack of sensation, not too much. What gives?

[ 04-12-2012, 10:24 AM: Message edited by: Roxie102 ]

Posts: 255 | Registered: Jul 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, one thing a lot of people don't recognize or realize is that the clitoris is not just the external portions. The whole of the clitoris is also internal, and portions of it surround the front of the vaginal canal.

Too, sometimes some of this stuff gets simplified in a way that isn't sound. What the deal is is that the majority of people with vulvas don't reach orgasm, or feel all that much, from intercourse or other vaginal entry ALONE: in other words, when nothing else is or has been going on.

So, if and when someone is already very aroused, their whole clitoris is very engorged, they usually ARE going to be feeling much stronger sensation from vaginal entry. Still variation with this, but do you catch my drift?

But it sounds like you're just talking here about finding what your balance is. For instance, maybe for you, individually, a little less external clitoral stimulation is going to be your ticket to entry feeling good for you.

No matter who we are, all of this stuff really is so much about experimenting to find out about what's right for us, because while there are some averages, some minorities of experience and majorities of experience, we still all vary a whole lot in our bodies and our sexualities.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About MeGet our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68130 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.