Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » Will cum from inside of *** causes pregnancy?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Will cum from inside of *** causes pregnancy?
Ransu
Activist
Member # 80039

Icon 11 posted      Profile for Ransu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I had anal sex with my girlfriend and I came inside of her.
She wiped it in the correct direction, away from the vagina.
Problem is, she did not went to the toilet to "clear it out" afterwards.
We went for a walk afterwards and there are discharge from the vagina and also watery from the ***.
She was wearing her underwear.
Is there any changes of pregnancy?
Can the environment in the anus sustain life to the sperm?
Help!

Posts: 67 | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Saffron Raymie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 49582

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Saffron Raymie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Anal sex does pose pregnancy risks, yes.

While itís true that pregnancy cannot occur from the act of anal sex by itself, and that the risk of pregnancy from anal sex is considerably less than the risk from vaginal intercourse, the anus and the vaginal opening are very close together.

Itís easy enough for ejaculate (even when ejaculation occurs inside during anal sex) to run down and into contact with the vulva which then presents a pregnancy risk. Additionally, anal sex has a high chance for the spread of STIs.

So, it's a pregnancy risk, but a low pregnancy risk. It's up your partner if she is okay with that low risk or if she wants to take emergency contraception.

More info on emergency contraception is here:

Emergency Contraception

--------------------
'Obtain the virgin's consent before you marry her' - Prophet Mohammad (pbuh)

Posts: 1285 | From: England | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ransu
Activist
Member # 80039

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ransu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So there's a very low risk, as low as pregnancy without penetration?
Posts: 67 | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ransu
Activist
Member # 80039

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ransu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Also, she washed the inside of her vagina when she got home less than 1 hour later, and she's off her pills less than 1 month.
Saffron Raymie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 49582

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Saffron Raymie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Your penis does not need to be inside her vulva for you to have a pregnancy risk. Any time your penis and vulva make contact at all, there is a risk of pregnancy.

If you had ejaculated onto her vulva, that would have been a higher risk, yes. However, as you ejaculated inside her anus, there is still a low risk as the ejaculate can run down from her anus and make contact with her vulva, causing a low risk.

--------------------

Posts: 1285 | From: England | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Saffron Raymie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 49582

Washing the inside of a vulva (the vagina) cannot do anything to prevent a possible pregnancy and can cause vaginal infections. The vagina cleans itself naturally, and does not need to be washed.

If your partner is worried about the low risk you've had, I'd advise taking emergency contraception. In many places, EC can be bought over-the-counter from pharmacies. Would your partner like some help finding EC nearby?

--------------------

Ransu
Activist
Member # 80039

So I believe the risk is too small to be worried about?
Saffron Raymie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 49582

It's always tricky with questions like this, because it's more about how you feel. Whether or not a low risk worries you is something that's very individual and up to you. I can only tell you it's a low risk.

Is your partner worried about this low risk? Have you had a talk about it together?

[ 04-05-2012, 07:32 AM: Message edited by: Saffron Reimi ]

--------------------

Ransu
Activist
Member # 80039

We've talked about it together.
If the risk is very low then there's almost nothing to worry about.
I know that chances of pregnancy without penetration is almost nil, which is almost the same as this case. Right?
There is no vaginal penetration at all.

Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As Ray said above, vaginal penetration is not strictly necessary for pregnancy to occur. The highest risk of pregnancy is through unprotected vaginal penetration when no birth control is used. However, pregnancy *can* occur when there is contact between a bare penis and bare female genitals, which include the anus. The risk increases when there is ejaculation.

It is a myth that unprotected anal sex is a good option if people are trying to prevent pregnancy.

The most important thing here is how your partner feels and what she wants to do. It is her body. yes, there is a low risk of pregnancy. If she's willing to take that risk and not get emergency contraception, that's up to her. Since there has been a risk, we do suggest that she take a pregnancy test 14 days after the risk occurred.

I see that you mentioned that your girlfriend had been on the Pill but is not now. Am I understanding this correctly? The fact that she's been off it for less than a month doesn't have anything to do with whether she's protected from pregnancy. The effects of the Pill do not linger. [Smile]

Looking to the future, what do you think about using condoms for anal sex from here on out? There are other reasons to do this besides pregnancy prevention. As Ray mentioned, unprotected anal sex is a risk factor for STI (sexually transmitted infection) transmission. As well, the tissues of the anus and rectum are delicate, and can be prone to just general infection or irritation from penetration.

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ransu
Activist
Member # 80039

I think she just had her period right now. It's almost a month after her previous period.
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's pretty hard to estimate fertility based on when someone had their period. If you and she are comfortable with this for now, then she can, as I said, above, just take a test in a couple of weeks (a couple of weeks after the sexual activity you're referring to here) to make sure she's not pregnant.

Going forward, I can't emphasize enough that having anal sex is not a form of birth control so if the two of you don't want to get pregnant you will need to use a form of birth control.

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ransu
Activist
Member # 80039

I thought that you wont get pregnant during period?
Saffron Raymie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 49582

That's actually a myth; All women have their own cycle of ovulation and menstruation, and with that some for some people ovulation can occur very near after menstruation.

Just the same, womenís bodies are built in a way that allows pregnancy to occur, and thus sperm can live for days in the reproductive tract. So, itís certainly possible for a person to become pregnant if she has sex during her period.

[ 04-05-2012, 10:08 AM: Message edited by: Saffron Reimi ]

--------------------

Ransu
Activist
Member # 80039

Oh... I believe in my case, I'm safe..
Stephanie_1
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 36725

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stephanie_1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Whatever risk someone has is something they need to decide whether or not they are okay with. Some people are okay with having unprotected sex of any kind and hoping they won't become pregnant, or know that if they do they will be okay with pregnancy occurring right now. Other people really don't want to become pregnant right now/ aren't ready for a pregnancy right now and try to lower the risk as much as possible. It's all a personal decision.

That said, this IS something you should talk over WITH your partner. It's something you BOTH and especially SHE needs to be okay with any risk with, because if someone becomes pregnant it will be her. There would be a risk in this case, though it's not as high as with some other risks, it is one. So if she wishes to lower the risk again she can obtain EC. As well, there's a risk for STIs, so if you've not both been tested and have not both had two full clear STI tests then in about a month's time you'll also want to take care of that.

[ 04-05-2012, 10:39 AM: Message edited by: Stephanie_1 ]

--------------------
"Sometimes the majority only means that all the fools are on the same side" ~Anon

Posts: 3429 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ransu
Activist
Member # 80039

How much of risk are there?
Very very little, close to nil, right?
EC isn't that easy to get from my country.

Ransu
Activist
Member # 80039

She washed the insides of her vagina too.
Does that changes anything?

Ransu
Activist
Member # 80039

She doesn't think that it's her period, but the amount of blood bleeding from her vagina is almost like a period.
She's off the pill for 1 month. Is it her period?
I fingered her too after anal, but how much of fingering does it takes to cause such bleeding?

September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The risk is small, but it is NOT zero. Whether or not your partner wants to take EC is something for HER to decide, not for you or for us.

The fact that she washed her vagina does not change anything, as you were told earlier. It is also not a good idea to wash inside the vagina at all.

If she has been on her pill for one month, it is hard to make any predictions in terms of her period. It can take the body up to three months to get back into the swing of things and adjust to being off the hormones. So, this may be an early period, or it may be spotting.

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ransu
Activist
Member # 80039

And also bleeding from her vagina from injuries, right?
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Could your partner be spotting due to rough manual sex? Yes. Does this have any bearing on her pregnanc risk? No.

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.