Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » worried :/

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: worried :/
Member # 63244

Icon 9 posted      Profile for bubbleT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My boyfriend and I have been having unprotected sex for the past 3 Saturdays, but each time he would pull out before "finishing." We used a condom once, but then he took it off and continued to have sex without it on.

Recently, I started to feel bloated where it usually gets bloated right before I have my period. I'm not sure if I'm about to get my period or whether I missed it because my period is very irregular (it sometimes doesn't come for about 3 months at a time). I not only feel bloated, but sometimes I feel some cramps and I've also noticed some smelly, brown discharge coming out of my vagina as well. Whenever I wipe, there is a very light reddish-brown colored discharge. My breasts feel painful when I press on them, but I'm not sure if that's because my boyfriend was playing with them because he squeezed my nipples really hard.

Is there something wrong down there, or am I pregnant? My mother doesn't know that I've been having sex, and I'm afraid that if she takes me to the doctor, the doctor will be able to notice that I've been having sex and my mother, who is required to be there at the doctor's office with me because I am under 18. I don't want to go to the doctor if it's avoidable.

Posts: 7 | From: US | Registered: Apr 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You do not need to bring your mother to the doctor. You can make an appointment for yourself and go in by yourself. Mind, if you are insured through your mother's plan, she may find out. If you are concerned about that, you can also visit a clinic such as Planned Parenthood, where you do not need to present insurance.

Also, a doctor cannot tell by looking at you that you have been sexually active. It's important to be honest when getting medical care so the doctor can treat you in the best way possible, so you'll want to tell your doctor that you are sexually active, but it is not something they can see just by looking.

So, if you feel that you do need to see a doctor, don't let these things hold you back.

That said, if you are having unusual discharge with an odor, it does sound like you will want to be seen by a doctor, as you may have an infection.

As far as a pregnancy risk is concerned, you have been using the least effective method of contraception, withdrawal. With perfect use (that is, withdrawing well in advance of ejaculation) that is around 96% effective. Not using a condom also means that you both have a high risk of STI and will want to schedule tests if you are not up to date with that.

If you take a pregnancy test now, it will only tell you if you are pregnant from the first risk. So, you can go ahead and do that, but you will want to retest later if you do not get a period in the meantime.

Do you want to talk about other, more effective methods of contraception that you and your partner can use?

Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.