Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » how long should i wait to have sex after tearing my hymen?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: how long should i wait to have sex after tearing my hymen?
child-of-fae
Neophyte
Member # 39274

Icon 1 posted      Profile for child-of-fae     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So, i've been sexually active for two and a half years before my hymen tore (and have been having full on vaginal intercourse for two years)

I was a little surprised when it tore this past Friday because I figured it was stretched enough/torn when I was younger and I was actually pretty happy about that. But right after sex it hurt a bit, which isn't very uncommon after i haven't had sex in a few weeks and then get really rough with my boyfriend. But when I went to the bathroom and wiped i noticed a small amount of blood.

I ended up having sex once more later that day and then again the next day. We found positions that went easy on my vaginal opening and did end up enjoying ourselves. (Also note that this wasn't him pressuring me or anything, just to avoid any sort of miscommunication in feedback, we both really really wanted to have sex since we'd decided to get a hotel room ad have a wild weekend and this had happened only an hour or so after we checked in)

My question is, about how long until I can go back to having the fun, rough, put-the-bed-through-the-wall kind of sex that my boyfriend and i like best?

(Also, I go to college about 45 min away and my schedule is all over the place this semester so he doesn't really visit during the week so the next possible time to have sex wouldn't be til like friday at the very earliest so i am giving myself time to heal)

Posts: 4 | From: us | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
How long to wait is really up to your body, but giving yourself a break can definitely be a good thing. Vaginal pain and bleeding can be from friction. It's pretty delicate in general so having this sort of thing happen isn't all that unusual.

That to say that it might not have been your hymen (what we call the corona) but just general irritation. Do you and your boyfriend use lubricant? That can make the kind of rough-and-tumble sex you're describing much more comfortable on those delicate tissues.

More info on the corona:

My Corona: The Anatomy Formerly Known as the Hymen & the Myths That Surround It

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.