Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » BCP And Period

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: BCP And Period
MarilynSexy
Activist
Member # 78782

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MarilynSexy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
as you all know of my previous risk earlier this month from the tub that didnt present a viable pregnancy risk, so Im on the 28th day of my cycle without the pill and I didnt get my period yet, But before the pill I was irregular so I'm guessing it should come when my actual real period would come whic is ussually 31-33 days of my cycle (one reaosn why I went on the pill because of irregularity) I don't have any preganancy sympoms or anyhing, I did have really sore nipples last week but alot of women who get of Ortho Tri Cyclen Lo have that when they get off the pill I read and they are fine now, Yest was the 28th day today is the 29th day, I don't THINK I'm pregnant but I am worried because I like the period reassurance

besides the tub thing where my vaginal opening was covered by skin I might have had one more risk that lasted less than 3 sec, my bf's penis came in contact with my clit but that was quick real quick, we haven't had ANY intercourse and he has never ejaculated on my vulva where there vaginal opening is, now I'm guessing I'm good with the no pregnancy thing and I also read that my period can be delayed for a year and I also read that it could be be WORRYING thats delaying my period but liek I said my REGULAR cycle is 31-33 days and I'm only on day 29 so your input will be greatly appreciated, I'm also waiting for my period so I can get back ON the pill because I like having peace of mind, thank you for your time also my breasts didnt change in anyway, on enlargement, color difference, I haven't gained weight, NO pregnnacy symptoms whatsover i feel the same, I know women start feeling different when they are pregnant, somehting inside them tells them somethign is different but I don't have that and the tub thing hapened like 2 or 3 of Jamuary so if that DID Get me prgnant Itd b around 4 weeks now and sympoms SHOULD be present I assume, Also the clit touching happened this weekend and I also had time of ovulation where my vaginal mucus suggested that I am ovulating, for like a week or 2, I know i wasn't ovulating a week or two but I was really watery, anywho thank you for your time, OH and also thats when my Nipples were sore

Posts: 58 | From: LA | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, cycles can definitely be irregular after getting off the Pill. That and the nipple soreness are both not unusual.

Definitely understand the reassurance a period gives you. Nothing you've described sounds like a huge risk.

AT this point, it's just a matter of waiting to see what your body does as it settles from being on the Pill.

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MarilynSexy
Activist
Member # 78782

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MarilynSexy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So I Should Just Wait It Out Because I Barely Have A Risk... Its Hard Tho Lol
Posts: 58 | From: LA | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yup!

You know you always have the option of taking a pregnancy test if that would give you the concrete answer you're looking for.

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MarilynSexy
Activist
Member # 78782

yeah I know I'll take one after the 34th day passes for reassurance, im getting crampy tho so I'm hoping its coming, im glad its Highly unlikely that I am, also before i ever went on the pill i had 2-3 months ebfore i gotten a menstruel period so it being mia is highly likely =(

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.