Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » Unexplained bleeding worrying me

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Unexplained bleeding worrying me
xoxHayleyBabeyxox
Neophyte
Member # 93984

Icon 9 posted      Profile for xoxHayleyBabeyxox     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm currently on the pill and have had problems with spotting, irregular bleeding ect because of it but I've now had my period for over 2 weeks and starting to worry. I've had cramps throughout the two weeks and although its not really heavy bleeding like the first couple of days of my period usually is anymore its deffinetly more then spotting. Should I be worried?
Posts: 27 | From: Rockin the nation from a secret location | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
When did you first start taking the pill?

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xoxHayleyBabeyxox
Neophyte
Member # 93984

Icon 1 posted      Profile for xoxHayleyBabeyxox     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Bout 4 years ago. I've changed brands but I've been on the same brand for about a year now and had become fairly regular
Posts: 27 | From: Rockin the nation from a secret location | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Are you up to date with your reproductive healthcare, including STI tests?

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xoxHayleyBabeyxox
Neophyte
Member # 93984

Icon 1 posted      Profile for xoxHayleyBabeyxox     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I go every six months and it hasnt been 6 months since my last...
Heather
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Any new partners since then or change in relationship status? If you have a current partner, are they also up-to-date?

--------------------
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xoxHayleyBabeyxox
Neophyte
Member # 93984

Is STI the most likely? Been looking it up online and seemed like pregnancy, eptopic pregnancy and miscarriage kept coming up...I was going to make an appointment with my doctor but would STI check be the first step?
Heather
Member # 3

There are so many different reasons for unexplained vaginal bleeding, and not knowing your unique health and sexual history, no one could say what the most likely reason is for you.

However, if you're using the pill properly, pregnancy is highly unlikely, and thus, anything related to it. If you're using the pill but NOT also using condoms, then yes, some STIs are much more likely than this being pregnancy-related.

Sometimes bleeding like this can be spotting from the pill but that is not typically paired with cramping. Since this has been going on a while, and you also are having cramping, I would call into your doc if you are NOT current with STI tests, have switched or added partners lately, or the cramping is sever or the bleeding heavy.

--------------------
About Me Get our book!

Jill2000Plus
Activist
Member # 41657

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jill2000Plus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just wanted to say, it says I posted in this thread and it isn't here, if I accidentally posted something that I meant to post somewhere else, I'm sorry, I can be the most absent minded person in the world sometimes.

--------------------
Always knock before entering my room when I am in there alone, as I may be doing all sorts of wonderfully thrilling things that I'd rather you didn't see.

Posts: 840 | From: UK | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.