Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » Pregnancy without penetration?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Pregnancy without penetration?
Ransu
Activist
Member # 80039

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ransu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My penis was inserted in her vagina for just a few cm.
Not to the point that her hymen is broken.
Is there a chance that pregnancy can occur?
I'm worried.

She's on the third cycle of her pills now but recently she missed her pills by hours.
Less than 4 hours.
Are they still as effective as they are?

[ 01-18-2012, 01:28 AM: Message edited by: Ransu ]

Posts: 67 | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kachina
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 42505

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kachina     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The corona (formerly called the hymen) doesn't actually break, but gradually stretches open over time. Also it is not inside the vagina more than a few cm, it is at the very entrance, if she still has any left. Whether there is any left or not is not connected in any way to pregnancy, nor is how far your penis went inside of her. So there is a pregnancy risk here, yes.

If the pill was only missed by a few hours, then they should still be very effective.

Here's a few articles for more info:
My Corona: The Anatomy Formerly Known as the Hymen & the Myths That Surround It
Three questions about taking the birth control pill (and plenty of answers)
Where DID I Come From? A Refresher Course in Human Reproduction

[ 01-18-2012, 01:56 AM: Message edited by: KatWA ]

--------------------
~Kat
Scarleteen Volunteer

Humans are allergic to change. They love to say, "We've always done it this way." I try to fight that. That's why I have a clock on my wall that runs counter-clockwise. - Grace Hopper

Posts: 876 | From: Seattle | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ransu
Activist
Member # 80039

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ransu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
She had pink spotting few days ago.
I hope its the side effect of the pills?

Posts: 67 | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ransu
Activist
Member # 80039

Oh also, when I was trying to insert my penis in her vagina, she complain that it hurts and I'm sure I didn't properly insert into it.
Maybe just genital contact..

Saffron Raymie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 49582

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Saffron Raymie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Spotting, of any colour, is a common side effect of taking the pill, yes. Pills are extremely effective at preventing pregnancy (98-99% effective), when taken properly - which it sounds like they have been.

If a certain kind sex is hurting either of you, it's always best stop doing that activity and talk. Before you tried to enter your penis into her vagina, were you engaging in lots of other kinds of sex that you were both really enjoying? Was your partner very arroused during that? Were you both very relaxed and excited about what you were doing? Were you using a lubricant?

[ 01-18-2012, 05:37 AM: Message edited by: Seashie Ray ]

--------------------
'Obtain the virgin's consent before you marry her' - Prophet Mohammad (pbuh)

Posts: 1285 | From: England | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ransu
Activist
Member # 80039

I told her to told me when it hurts so I can stop.
So yeah I stopped when she's hurting.
Don't want to hurt her.
Oral sex, petting, kissing etc etc.
Yes she was aroused.
Yes.
Does vaginal mucus count?
I think it does as its the most natural lubricant a girl can have.

Saffron Raymie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 49582

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Saffron Raymie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry for all the questions there, Ransu; just trying to get a clearer picture. I get that you didn't want to hurt her, and you didn't hurt her; sometimes our bodies just don't do what we'd like them to do, or go at the pace we'd like them to go at, if you know what I mean?

Were you taking entry into the vagina slowly and gently; like with just a gloved fingertip at first, then gradually more entry with a finger? With her communicating with you all the time about what feels really great?

A person's vaginal lubricants do count as lubricants. However, sometimes the vagina just doesn't produce enough lubricant to make sex comfortable for the entire time you're engaging in sex; and if you were doing other sexual activities before, it could be that there wasn't enough vaginal lubricant there.

How much vaginal lubricant we produce tends to depend on a lot of different factors, as well, and is situational: we won't always produce the same amount of lubrication every day, every year, every decade, or in every relationship or sexual situation.

Sometimes, how lubricated we are also is related to our fertility cycle and the chemical changes in our bodies: for instance, when we're most fertile, our cervical mucus is very thin, fluid and slippery, but during times of our cycle when we're less fertile this can be different.

So, having additional lubriant from a bottle so you can keep adding a little bit as you go along definately helps with comfort and pleasure.

Here's some more on intercourse, entry and pain:

-From OW to WOW!
- The Etiquette of Entry

[ 01-18-2012, 07:59 AM: Message edited by: Seashie Ray ]

--------------------
'Obtain the virgin's consent before you marry her' - Prophet Mohammad (pbuh)

Posts: 1285 | From: England | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.