Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » I've Been Freaking Out About This! D: Please Help?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I've Been Freaking Out About This! D: Please Help?
wonderstruckkittykat
Neophyte
Member # 93256

Icon 4 posted      Profile for wonderstruckkittykat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
so me n my boyfriend have been having hook ups lately. n after a while we will get into it and he will finger me but after a while i will start to BLEED! n its worrying us because it has happen before but we are not sure why? the bleeding is not very much just for like a little while then it stops. why could this be? i thought it could be because of my very irregular period or because something might be wrong with me! when this happens i dont start my period because its after i have it. and im very concerned. im positive i do not have an STD or STI because im still a virgin. but what could it be? could it just be that his nails r scratching or tearing inside my vagina so i bleed because he's going to fast or rought? because its not a constant floo of blood but it's enough to completly stop what we r doing. and honestly i dont want to completly stop.
Posts: 6 | From: Panama | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There are a few reasons why you might be bleeding when your boyfriend fingers you. YOu've already mentioned one, that he may be scratching you with his nails. Vaginal tissue is pretty delicate so can be scratched or cut pretty easily. He can try trimming, and even filing his nails so that they don't have any sharp edges. This is usually a good idea to keep fingering safe and comfortable for you. You two could also try having him wear gloves or finger cots, which are available at thedrugstore, which will smooth out his fingers and keep things from getting scratched or irritated.

Speaking of irritation: Another reason is that your vagina might be dry and getting irritated. Most people with vaginas make some of their own natural lubrication but this isn't always enough to keep things wet enough to make sexual activities comfortable for a long period of time. There are water-based lubricating gels that you can buy at the drugstore that will make things wetter and help you keep the activity going for longer, and, hopefully, without bleeding. I want to add that there is nothing wrong with you if you don't make a lot of your own lubrication. Not everyone gets super lubricated when sexually aroused and having fun, and a bottle of lubricant really can be fantastic.

Here's some more information about lubricants for you to read:

http://www.scarleteen.com/article/advice/lubricant_not_diamonds_is_a_girls_best_friend

You mentioned that you're a virgin. By this do you mean that you have never had penis-in-vagina intercourse? Just so you know for future reference, other types of sexual activities can also cause STD (also called STI for sexually transmitted infection) transmission. Fingering is lower risk, and having your boyfriend wash his hands well before fingering you, or even, as I mentioned above, wear gloves, can cut the risk down even more. This isn't meant to scare you, only to give you information. [Smile]

If the bleeding doesn't stop, it's a good idea to have yourself checked out by a health care professional...but I think you have some things to start wit hhere that may help a lot.

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wonderstruckkittykat
Neophyte
Member # 93256

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wonderstruckkittykat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
thank ya for the relief.it has only happen a couple times. and im dont think that it is that im not wet because i would be very. and yes that is what i mean by im not a virgin.
Posts: 6 | From: Panama | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So how do you feel about talking to your boyfriend about trimming his nails, or even using gloves?

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wonderstruckkittykat
Neophyte
Member # 93256

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wonderstruckkittykat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i did talk to him about it. and i looked at his nails which are pretty small already. but i did tell him that it might be that his nails could be whats causing me to bleed so he said he didn't mind to trim them at all. in fact he did as soon as he could. and i thought that his nails could be what is causing bleeding probably because he has a bad habit of biting them instead if trimming, and he does not file afterwards.

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.