Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » Concerned About Anal Sex

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Concerned About Anal Sex
sweet_thing
Activist
Member # 52326

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sweet_thing     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So my boyfriend kinda wants to try anal sex, and while the idea of it excites me, I'm kinda worried about the health implications, such as damaging the tissue, spread of bacteria, general pain, etc. I really do enjoy anal play at times, but going any further than that makes me a little nervous, mainly because of the risks I just mentioned. Obviously we would use a condom and lube, and my boyfriend and I are both STI free and have been in a monogamous relationship for over a year, so the STI risk doesn't concern me as much. I guess it's just the general health risks, and going about having anal sex in general really. Do we need to do anything differently from when we have vaginal intercourse? Any suggestions?
Posts: 55 | From: USA | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LollySocks
Activist
Member # 31077

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LollySocks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you are honestly wanting to do it, not just because your boyfriend wants you to, then I say try it out! You obviously know how to be safe about it (condom, lube, etc.) Really, it just takes going slowly and plenty of patience and communication. As long as you are both comfortable with it, are willing to maybe have some trial and error, and are being safe (since you're both free of STI's, obviously there is still a chance of the condom failing and, if it's your only form of birth control, then there is a chance of semen getting to the vagina and causing pregnancy). Other than that, just make sure there is plenty of foreplay and communication. Good luck and have fun! [Smile]

--------------------
break down, rebuild, repeat.

Posts: 64 | From: Ohio, USA | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stephanie_1
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 36725

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stephanie_1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey sweet_thing: Tossing an article your way. Take a good read through and then if you want to talk about any specific things we can do that with you, okay? Anal Sex Lowdown

--------------------
"Sometimes the majority only means that all the fools are on the same side" ~Anon

Posts: 3429 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sweet_thing
Activist
Member # 52326

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sweet_thing     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you both so much! The article was really helpful. To LollySocks, I am also on the pill, so the condom wouldn't be my only form of birth control. And while I always keep him in mind, this isn't just because my boyfriend wants to try it, I definitely do as well! [Smile]
Posts: 55 | From: USA | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.