Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » risk assessment :(

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: risk assessment :(
annatalbot
Neophyte
Member # 81344

Icon 1 posted      Profile for annatalbot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
the day after my period ended, my bf and i were in bed and he was jacking off w a little help... when he came, some of it got on my vagina. i rinsed it off right away, but... how likely is it i could get pregnant from this? im not on the pill
Posts: 5 | From: alabama | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kachina
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 42505

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kachina     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If he ejaculated in your vagina you have a high chance of pregnancy. If he just ejaculated on your vulva there is still a chance of pregnancy, but it will be lower. How long ago did this happen?

--------------------
~Kat
Scarleteen Volunteer

Humans are allergic to change. They love to say, "We've always done it this way." I try to fight that. That's why I have a clock on my wall that runs counter-clockwise. - Grace Hopper

Posts: 876 | From: Seattle | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
annatalbot
Neophyte
Member # 81344

Icon 1 posted      Profile for annatalbot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
a few days ago, the day after my period... it wasnt direct, most of it was on my upper body, but some was on my vag as well... hes my first and hes never put his penis in me btw, just the very tip w a condom once, and my hymen got a small tear and bled so we stopped... so this would be practically an immaculate conception lol
Posts: 5 | From: alabama | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, no, it wouldn't, because you two engaged in sexual contact.

Just so you know when making your choices, however you experience sex and whatever you experience that to be, when it comes to pregnancy and STI risks, things like "just the tip," or "only for a few seconds" don't matter. If someone with a penis and someone with a vulva have direct contact between those two parts, those risks potentially exist. If semen is on your vulva, those risks potentially exist.

When you say his semen got on your vagina: the vagina is inside your body, so is that what you mean? If semen was, say, on your mons -- the part usually hairy that you can see when standing up, then there were not likely STI or pregnancy risks here unless there were other kinds of direct contact.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
annatalbot
Neophyte
Member # 81344

sry, no, i get it... i mean that some of his cum flew thru the air and got on... the area between my legs... i dont know exactly which sexual parts and there was no "direct contact" with his penis... i was wondering about the chances his sperm somehow swimming inside me even through i rinsed off right away
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
For now or the future, here's a piece where you can find out all about your own body parts: Innies & Outies: The Vagina, Clitoris, Uterus and More

It's important to know! [Smile]

It sounds to me like it's pretty unlikely you had the kind of contact at all likely to result in a pregnancy. But if it's been less than 120 hours since this happened, and you feel like maybe you did have a viable risk and want to reduce it, you have the option of using emergency contraception.

[ 10-04-2011, 05:37 PM: Message edited by: Heather ]

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.