Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » Is this possible or am I just paranoid?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Is this possible or am I just paranoid?
lizzylala17
Activist
Member # 79128

Icon 9 posted      Profile for lizzylala17         Edit/Delete Post 
Around August 27th, I was alone with my boyfriend and we were fooling around. He fingered me a little, but I told him to stop because I didn't think we should just yet. I've never done anything that sexual and I'm paranoid I could be pregnant? I Googled it and you wouldn't believe how many sites say you can get pregnant this way. I don't think he had semen or anything on his hand, and if he did, he took a shower before any of this occured so I'm assuming it would have been washed off? I'm supposed to get my period in a few days and I feel cranky and I want to eat everything in the house. I know these are both symptoms of PMS AND pregnancy. I'm really scared...please help.
Posts: 45 | From: Lousiana | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kachina
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 42505

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kachina     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This does not pose a pregnancy risk. Check out this article:
Pregnancy Scared?

--------------------
~Kat
Scarleteen Volunteer

Humans are allergic to change. They love to say, "We've always done it this way." I try to fight that. That's why I have a clock on my wall that runs counter-clockwise. - Grace Hopper

Posts: 876 | From: Seattle | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lizzylala17
Activist
Member # 79128

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lizzylala17         Edit/Delete Post 
Could that cause my period to be later than usual? I should be getting mine in a few days, but then it's always been a little irregular...

--------------------
"I have used so much hairspray that I feel personally responsible for global warming."
~Dusty Springfield~

Posts: 45 | From: Lousiana | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Unless it results in pregnancy, sex of any kind can't cause a period to be late. But, things like stress about being sexual with someone else can throw a cycle out of whack.

--------------------
"Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing." -Arundhati Roy

Posts: 5799 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ms.Pretty
Neophyte
Member # 85959

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ms.Pretty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm a virgin i haven't had sex only my boyfriend finger me.?
and Iím worried because by anytime soon my period is coming but it doesnít come yet, Iíve already took a pregnancy test twice and it come out neg. and i have this white like milky but not that smelly discharge what should I do? Iím stressed. They say before getting your period you should have that many white discharges but lately Iíve notice i donít have any discharge i'm frrkn out. And my breast is like getting bigger and my tummy is like bloating am i pregnant? or just paranoid about the things in the articles of pregnancy that i already read. so. i'm thinking maybe when he fingered me he had sperm on his hand.. then i ask him. And he answered that there is no sperm.. so I'm stressed and i donít know what to do.. pls. help me..

Posts: 1 | From: Philippines | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
(Next time you have a question, could you start your own thread? It's easy for posts to get missed this way, and it's much easier to keep things organised when everyone starts a new topic for new questions. Thanks!)

To answer your question, pregnancy isn't a concern with manual sex (fingering) unless your boyfriend's fingers were dripping with semen (the liquid that has sperm in it). You've also taken two pregnancy tests and had negative results both times: it's safe to say you're not pregnant. Periods can be late for all sorts of reasons, so the only thing to do now is wait.

As for your discharge, that sounds perfectly normal. Unless you're having a lot more than normal, it's very strong or foul-smelling, or you're having itching, it's nothing to be concerned about. And, not having any discharge is very common before your period arrives, as are sore breasts and bloating, so your period may very well be on its way.

--------------------
"Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing." -Arundhati Roy

Posts: 5799 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.